Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Godaddy Hosting Suck Again!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

Godaddy has a VERY BAD hosting service. Just after one month hosting my site with them, recently my site has often down.

I sent several complaint to their customer support, the answer they give was totally trying to shirk responsibility.

For example, I can't connect to my hosting site, after make a 'Tracert'. the result show that connection time out before get to thier side. What their reply was 'You will need to contact your ISP and have them change the route they use to get to our servers. '

I've been using 2 different ISP to try to access to my site. But, both also can't connect to my hosting site.

Can that be both ISP also can't connect to them just because the 'route'?

What a ribiculous reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm try to get my money back from them, do your think is possible.

If not possible, what i want to say to everyone is

Never hosting your site with godaddy.com, because thier service is damn bad. End up you'll definitely just like me, come to this forum to scold.

Don't believe? Try yourself.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad time with them.

Regards,
    Matt
    Matt Midgley
    ----------------
    http://matt.midgley.name

Pls help me to check this site

Hi,

My site hosting with godaddy.com now down again. If you see this post now pls help me to check my site

http://www.singproperty.biz/

let me know whether you can access it now.

Thank!

oh my god...
    one of my friend start to use their Godaddy service last week. And I'm planning to use their service originally....

You're right, I can't see it either.

Sorry.
    Matt
    Matt Midgley
    ----------------

Originally posted by themidge
    You're right, I can't see it either.

Sorry.
    Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your help.

Would you mind tell me where r u located now?

I'm going to show proof to them my site can't connect to not only happen to my side Singapore. And nothing wrong with my side ISP.

No Probs,

Leeds, England, UK.

Matt
    Matt Midgley
    ----------------

Your site says service unavailable from Chicago.

Service Unavailable

Yeah, I get service unavailable. Although I don't relaly have much knowledge in the way of hosting for godaddy I do like the domain registration serveices. They've got a nice interface for managing the domains you have registered through them.

I would probablly reccomend switching to HostRocket.com instead of godaddy, they have really good support there. Lightnight fast responces and when stuff does go down its always only for a few minutes and then its right back to normal.

Hi,

Everybody pls help give the feedback of my site's status. I need to show as many as possible the result to godaddy.com

What is need is:

Your Location:
    My site's status: Can access or can't access

Thanks in advance!

Albany NY

Can't access it I get "Service Unavailable"

which is odd because if the server was down you would not get anything it would just time out..

Service Unavailable

Miami,FL

that is a windows service error, it sounds like the app pool crashed or they need to isolate you to a seperate application pool. FYI, the server is up, it is just crashed.

There is no need to wait for our response. Use online tools like http://www.dnsstuff.com/ to do a tracert.

AFAIK, "Service Unavailable" means it is connecting, but there is problem with their server. Nothing wrong with the 'route'

Contact their support once more.

Finally, it's up again.

It's been down for a few hour.

I believe it'll happen again very soon. As its has been down for so many time.

What should i do?

Tell their support to move you to a smaller application pool or isolated pool as the pool you are in keeps crashing

I guess Go Daddy is just a decent domain hoster. Ill stay away from the hosting. I was thinking of going with them

Re: Godaddy Hosting Suck Again!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by jet_lim
    Hi,

Godaddy has a VERY BAD hosting service. Just after one month hosting my site with them, recently my site has often down.

I sent several complaint to their customer support, the answer they give was totally trying to shirk responsibility.

For example, I can't connect to my hosting site, after make a 'Tracert'. the result show that connection time out before get to thier side. What their reply was 'You will need to contact your ISP and have them change the route they use to get to our servers. '

I've been using 2 different ISP to try to access to my site. But, both also can't connect to my hosting site.

Can that be both ISP also can't connect to them just because the 'route'?

What a ribiculous reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm try to get my money back from them, do your think is possible.

If not possible, what i want to say to everyone is

Never hosting your site with godaddy.com, because thier service is damn bad. End up you'll definitely just like me, come to this forum to scold.

Don't believe? Try yourself.

GoDaddy, despite their size, I think is out of their element here and might need to refocus their efforts on what they're good at - domain registrations.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Wonderful Windows/IIS error message.
    :: Martin Leclair
    :: Linkedin Profile

Hi Guy,

pls see the latest reply from godaddy.com customer support. They're trying to shirk responsibility again.

> Dear Jet,
    >
    > Thank you for contacting Customer Support. The previous trace route only
    > applies to one user attempting to access the address.
    >
    > As previously stated and upon further investigation, at this time we were
    > unable to recreate the error experienced as both URL's resolve to the same
    > hosted site. As stated, if you are still experiencing this issue, it is a
    > problem that is being caused by the ISP and how they are resolving to this
    > address.
    >
    > As for other users attempting to access the site, we would need more
    > information regarding how they are attempting to access your site. If
    > necessary we may need a trace route from each.
    >
    > Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.
    >
    > Learn more about our Shared, Virtual-Dedicated, and Dedicated hosting: Click
    > here
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Christopher P.
    > GoDaddy.com
    > Customer Service Representative

Is that a reasonable request? They're asking all my user's 'Trace Route'. Do your think can it be done?????????????

Did you tell Godaddy that your site wasn't timing out, it only displayed "Service Unavailable", which means it is a windows error.

If downtime happens too often, I suggest moving to another host. For now, your site is working.

Originally posted by hellind2
    Did you tell Godaddy that your site wasn't timing out, it only displayed "Service Unavailable", which means it is a windows error.

If downtime happens too often, I suggest moving to another host. For now, your site is working.
    Thanks for your reply.

I've told them all the problem, but they keep saying that is because the ISP fault. Now they even want other user's 'Trace Route'. I guess after i give them other user's 'Trace Route', they might say that other ISP got problem too.

yeap! I planning to shift to other hosting, but because i just got their hosting around month. So, i think should get some refund from them.

your website is online from michigan, connected via level3.net

I have verified this to be up from these places...

Houston, TX, USA
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Orlando, Florida, USA
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Santa Rosa, CA, USA
    New York, NY, USA
    Mclean, VA, USA
    Alexandria, VA, USA
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Moscow, Russia
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Riga, Latvia
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Orlando, Florida, USA
    Parsippany, NJ, USA
    Scranton/2, PA, USA
    Lansing, MI, USA
    Scranton/1, PA, USA
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    Berlin, Germany
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Ashworth Consulting
    Dedicated Servers / Reseller Web Hosting / Web Hosting
    Network: The Planet, TX

Hi Guy

Godaddy.com try to make more excuse again.

After a month of hosting subscription and so many down time of their server. When i asking for refund, see statement below for what they reply to me.

Dear Sir/Madam-

Thank you for contacting Customer Support.

We are currently unable to process transactions originating from the following countries:

Bulgaria
    China (including Hong Kong)
    Ghana
    Indonesia
    Macedonia
    Malaysia
    Nigeria
    Pakistan
    Singapore
    Romania
    Vietnam

In addition, the United States Government asks that we do not conduct business with these nations:

Cuba
    Iran
    Iraq
    Libya
    North Korea
    Sudan
    Syria

If your credit card is issued from an establishment located within one of these countries, or if you reside in one of these countries, you will not be able to complete a purchase from our website or access our network. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

Learn more about our Shared, Virtual-Dedicated, and Dedicated hosting: Click here

Sincerely,
    Chris P.
    GoDaddy.com
    Customer Service Representative

Originally posted by jet_lim
    Hi Guy

Godaddy.com try to make more excuse again.

After a month of hosting subscription and so many down time of their server. When i asking for refund, see statement below for what they reply to me.

Dear Sir/Madam-

Thank you for contacting Customer Support.

We are currently unable to process transactions originating from the following countries:

Bulgaria
    China (including Hong Kong)
    Ghana
    Indonesia
    Macedonia
    Malaysia
    Nigeria
    Pakistan
    Singapore
    Romania
    Vietnam

In addition, the United States Government asks that we do not conduct business with these nations:

Cuba
    Iran
    Iraq
    Libya
    North Korea
    Sudan
    Syria

If your credit card is issued from an establishment located within one of these countries, or if you reside in one of these countries, you will not be able to complete a purchase from our website or access our network. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

Learn more about our Shared, Virtual-Dedicated, and Dedicated hosting: Click here

Sincerely,
    Chris P.
    GoDaddy.com
    Customer Service Representative
    Am I understanding this right?

They initially charged your credit card... but now they refuse to refund THE SAME credit card?
    HOST78 - Affordable and Reliable Canadian Web Hosting and Domain Registration
    TRY RISK FREE with our 15 day money back guarantee

They said "currently unable". I would ask for clarification of what that means. A technical issue? Political? Other?

Contact Corey Bryant on this forum. He has been a major help for me in getting issues resolved.

I am by no means saying he is th eonly one that can help you, but he has helped me more than words can say.

Thanks Corey!!!
    Steve Parks
    High Performance Mailorder (.com)
    4RE KLR = Ferrari Killer ( it's a car thing)

Working fine here at the moment (North London), i got a ping of 140

Originally posted by HOST78
    Am I understanding this right?

They initially charged your credit card... but now they refuse to refund THE SAME credit card?

I think u r right.

That's what they mean. They're trying to give excuse in order to relay the process on refund me the fee.

GoDaddy is a TERRIBLE HOST

AHHH.

I am so frustrated with GoDaddy.

First, their customer support was terrible. They have little to no technical expertise and after repeated emails in which I tried to beat into them that the problem was on their end (because the code and database worked on other servers), they continued responding with form messages "we cannot help with coding problems."

Then, today, I received a message on my answering machine. They wanted to confirm I lived at that address. I was on my way out, so I decided to call them when I got back. 6 hours later I return, and my website has been shut down! They refunded the credit card payment, revoked my domain registration, and turned off my hosting.

I called them, somewhat upset since I have ad campaigns for that site running, costing me $$ ever minute it's down. They wanted me to scan my photo ID which I did. Apparently the charge showed up on my CC as "out of state". I don't have a clue why. I was in state when I made the charge. The same state I got the card in. The same state I live in.

The inquiries department reinstate my account and say I have to log back into the account and re-order my web hosting package and domain registration.

But guess what? The domain is already listed as taken! And it's not listed under my account. Sent emails to both customer service and customer inquiries. No response.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

They have TERRIBLE customer service! They never even bothered to send me an email notifying me they were going to call for verification or that there was a problem, and then they turn off my site hours later! The only way these guys get customers is through massive marketing, sucking in newer webmasters, and having low rates.

Well, you get what you pay for.

Most smaller companies tend to have better support, you can even speak witht he owner at times!
    Phlint! Web Media [http://phlint.com]
    [email protected]

Me also had many probs hosting w/ Godaddy. Not recommended!

Re: GoDaddy is a TERRIBLE HOST

Originally posted by sapling
    But guess what? The domain is already listed as taken! And it's not listed under my account. Sent emails to both customer service and customer inquiries. No response.
    I'm pretty sure the domain is still available to you, just hope that they do get back to you though.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

This morning the email response is:

"I have escalated this problem so you can receive hel pas soon as possible."

Gee, that's great, thanks.

And I noticed - they tried to call me AGAIN to verify the address last night. I just called them from here, and faxed my driver's license with my address on it from here. If they're going to insist on verifying the phone number they could at least give me some warning so I can be here!

Another reason I'm upset (that.. maybe.. isn't their fault) is it looks like the Gulfcoast is about to get slammed with another hurricane. Last time we didn't have electricity for over a week! If the website isn't up by then... agg

Anyway, I think it's clear I'll be finding another hosting company whether my domain stays with them or not.

I mean.. how much of a stretch for them is it to have the domain available to me, when they specifically tell me to "go back to the website now and reorder your domain"? I am not going to BACKORDER my own domain, wait a month, and pay $19 extra to do so!

Gah..

I never tried GoDaddy, but this post alarms me to stay away from them.

Yeah, they are good for domains ;-) but not for hosting.

Good luck

Originally posted by ashworth102680
    GoDaddy is one of the largest and best domain name registrars. They suck @ hosting service though :L

U r right godaddy.com hosting is really suck.

My site down once in a day. And now its down again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast