Thread: PayPal

PayPal

Hey guys,

Is it possible to purchase things with paypal even if it's not a verified account?

Thanks.

Yes, that is the whole point in paypal, that anyone can buy anything with it, even if they dont have an account.

The point of the question was if it isn't verified. In order to verify a paypal account you require a credit card which I don't have.

If you pay by paypal. Is it posssible to for the person who recieves the payment to know which country you live in? If i paid into the account in but the host wanted $. Would payment be automatically converted into $ (at a cost) but can they find out this has happened.

You may ask why would you want to do this. For residents of certain countrys/locations there is the extra expense of taxes on top of the hosting.

Thanks

The reason for my post is:

I need to get a webhosting account.

All the invoice type providers are either very bad at their services or very expensive.

Thus I need either a credit card / paypal account.

None of the people I know would just use their accounts to get me a hosting account. They say if you want it you gotta get it yourself we can't accept responsibility.

So My last chance would be getting a paypal account.

I can ask people to send money to an unverified paypal account.

However I don't know if it will be possible to get the money out and perhaps pay the hosting company that way.

In order to send money from a PayPal account, you must have some form of financial information on file (such as a credit card or bank account). The types of payment methods and verification requirements will vary based on your country. (For example, in the US you can create an "Unverified" account with just a credit card, and you can still use it to send money.)

If you pay by paypal. Is it posssible to for the person who recieves the payment to know which country you live in? If i paid into the account in but the host wanted $. Would payment be automatically converted into $ (at a cost) but can they find out this has happened.
    If you are billed in USD or select the currency of USD when using Send Money, the person who receives your payment will receive it in that currency, even if it was first converted from another currency (such as Euros). In that case, you would be presented with the conversion rate that PayPal is using to convert from your currency into the recipient's currency.

While PayPal will not tell the recipient what currency you originally used to fund the payment, it will tell the recipient your country.

Re: PayPal

Originally posted by arctile
    Hey guys,

Is it possible to purchase things with paypal even if it's not a verified account?

Thanks.
    Paypal has a sending limit for non-verified accounts and it varies from country to country.

IF your sending limit is not 0 then you can purchase single payment items but NOT recurring one PROVIDED of course you have sufficient funds in your account.
    OCEAN HOST
    www.ocean-host.com
    Get Online. Reach Worldwide.
    Check our uptime

Re: Re: PayPal

Originally posted by Oceanworld
    Paypal has a sending limit for non-verified accounts and it varies from country to country.

IF your sending limit is not 0 then you can purchase single payment items but NOT recurring one PROVIDED of course you have sufficient funds in your account.
    the old "don't spend what you don't have" routine applies to unverified paypal members, in short.

I think the sending limit is 500 Pounds.

If you have not got a credit card, then palce your Debit Card on file, or even your Bank Account on file as an 'Instand Bank transfer' type payment will take place from PayPal.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Re: Re: PayPal

Originally posted by Oceanworld

That doesn't sound quite right. I think you are permitted to sign up for recurring payments (Subscriptions) even if you have a Sending Limit. You just will not be able to send more payments after you reach the Sending Limit, until you get Verified.

Also, so far as I know you are not required to have enough funds in your PayPal balance to cover the payment. Even if you do not have any balance, you can usually make the payment via a credit card or bank account that is registered with your PayPal account.

paypal? lol

Paypal is the worst, don't use it! Lots of troubles!!!

what should i use then?