Where PowerVPS is Located?

I can't see where they are from.

Thank you

They colocate their servers in Ashburn, VA (Equinix DC). I believe they have this somewhere on their site.

yeah, i read that from the website too... probably from the faq or the knowledge base...

Yes they are in a colo facility, not their own.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

Originally posted by Rodney-E2
    Yes they are in a colo facility, not their own.
    We are in a carrier neutral facility called Equinix, with the likes of Yahoo, Electronic Arts, Microsoft, IBM, and 9 of the other top 10 web properties (all public on the Equinix site).

Folks think that owning their own datacenter is some sort of badge of honor, I disagree unless you are the size of 1AND1, TP, EV1, and a couple other large hosting providers.

Yes equinax is a good facility. Not sure if the cost ratio of colo or building out your own is better, but many good companies such as powervps do work perfectly in a colo facilty.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

Equinix doesn't have backhoe incidents. Enough said

oh no they use mobile phones for transit lol. Just because it hasnt happened yet you realise now you said that some hillbilly is aiming his backhoe at the fibre lol

Being in a colo facily does mean you can benefit from better facilities then a company may initially afford, however it also means when you do want to do something like lay in extra entry points and additional loops its far harder as it isnt your building.

EV1 owns two datacentres and they havent had a backhoe incident have they? or a spanner incident?
    --
    Rich

Originally posted by richy
    EV1 owns two datacentres and they havent had a backhoe incident have they? or a spanner incident?
    Many times, many times.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

it happens, or words nearly spelt like that. Problem is when you get THAT big redundancy costs big. I know it must have hurt a lot of people to get downtime like happened recently (sure in time it wasnt that long, but anytime is bad when you have customers on the phone 24 7), but I do like that they responded quickly and laid in extra rings to diversify their transit to minimise the affect should it happen again. Thats a serious outlay and it gives me confidence that they can do that and that they chose to.
    --
    Rich

Many data centers are redundant when they first start out. That's just N+1 standards. The fact that ServInt wasn't all that redundant (in some ways they were) for 8-9 years is pretty surprising.

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Originally posted by elix
    Many data centers are redundant when they first start out.
    Not at all - I can name at least 2 without even trying.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Originally posted by mripguru
    Not at all - I can name at least 2 without even trying.
    Rephrase that: Many successful data centers :-P.

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business