View Poll Results: How was the display you went to see??

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Horrible,the worst i've ever seen

2 8.70%
  • They were OK

9 39.13%
  • IT WAS THE BEST DISPLAY I HAVE EVER SEEN

5 21.74%
  • I didnt bother going to see them

7 30.43%

How were your fireworks??

The 1's i went to were the crappiest ones i saw yet!!!!!!!

It was only 10 mins or so,finalle was only 10 seconds!!!!!
    Horrible,disgusting.......I remember when they were 30mins long or more!!!!!!!!!

Oh well

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

I hadn't seen fireworks in years, so before I went this 4th of July, I barely remember what the previous years were like. I thought they were okay, but some of my other friends who have gone every year for the past few thought that they sucked.

No fireworks for me....

They're illegal in my state.

After a while, you don't get any more new fireworks patterns. So 30 mins of fireworks ... that would be rather long and can be boring .... 10-15 minutes is about right.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Mine were OK
    I watched the Macy's firework display in the NY harbor..

It was nice.. but since it's an everyyear thing.. it wasnt anything special..

But they did have some cool fireworks..
    Smileyface explosions
    Cubes!!
    Apples - for NY

It was a good sight.

I went to three shows. They were all pretty good, pretty much on par with every other year.

Originally posted by ilyash
    But they did have some cool fireworks..
    Smileyface explosions
    Cubes!!
    Apples - for NY

It was a good sight.
    Yep, I was pretty impressed with the NYC show. I didn't watch last year so probably even more stuff was new for me.

Actually I'm not really interested in fireworks at all for the most part, but I really enjoyed this. We watched from the Brooklyn side of the East River, at a friend's rooftop party in Greenpoint... so the fireworks were in the foreground over the river, and the background was the Manhattan skyline -- the fireworks appearing in front of the Chrysler Building and Empire State Building was a very cool sight.
    Last edited by JayC; 07-05-2005 at 03:32 PM.

My firework was one of the best display I have ever seen. This is my first year in Arizona and the firework deplay seems different from in PA. In Arizona, I saw a word that pop up in fire light in the sky "july 4..."

i live in bc canada, and the canada day fireworks i saw on the july first were pretty torrible. sadly enough, despite how terrible they were, they were still better then last year. only lasted about 10 minutes, with a 30 second finale.

Originally posted by ichris
    No fireworks for me....

They're illegal in my state.
    Pretty sure that he's talking about the display your city/county puts on.

Ours were mediocre, but from the top of our house you could see about a dozen displays from a few different cities. They weren't too bad. I remember when I was in Washington D.C. a couple years ago for the 4th of July... dang those were amazing. I heard something that they spent $2 million on the fireworks display. I bet they got that amount of cash back in sales tax revenue in a couple of hours. People from all over the world go to see that display.

Re: How were your fireworks??

Originally posted by The Dude
    The 1's i went to were the crappiest ones i saw yet!!!!!!!

It was only 10 mins or so,finalle was only 10 seconds!!!!!
    Horrible,disgusting.......I remember when they were 30mins long or more!!!!!!!!!

Oh well
    Which ones did you go to? You're up here in hell (NY Capital District), right? The show in Albany was pretty decent in my book and I'm used to the Macy's show in NYC. I heard they had some in Schenectady over the Mohawk. Supposedly that show was pretty lame, but what do you expect from a county that can't even afford to paint lines on the streets?

We had two large neighborhood firework shows which my family put on and I also went to two professional firework shows (Shell Knob & Eagle Rock, Missouri). I will post pictures from all four shows later this week, so check out my blog if you're interested.
    Jeremy Johnstone
    Personal Blog: http://www.jeremyjohnstone.com/blog

They were OK! I did like them, but i wish i could have done better.

We got on top of my friends house, and may have met mary jane. Made the fireworks better than usual imho.