please review my site

Could you all review my site ? This is my first. And I'm also a newbie at this. I know it needs work, but if you could point me in the right direction...Also could you look at my sorce code and tell me whats wrong with it ? I used "SiteSpinner" to build my site and it has been great.
    Thanks in advance...dave

Hmmm... I'm not really into doing reviews of sites for first timers or people just getting started. Obvioisuly you have a long way to go - a lot more practice, etc -- but you didn't need me to tell you that.

Generally in a review, I will list out a number of things I think could be changed/added/removed - but seeing as how this is your first, I won't go there - hehe.

With all of that said/understood, it's not bad for a first website. Yes there are things that you could improve, but I have seen much worse on first attempts, including my own - hehe.

There are a number of directions you could be pointed in, but I'm curious - which do you do best, or which are you trying to learn more of --- programming or design? For example, I could give you ideas about what to change graphically, but maybe you aren't familiar enough with Photoshop (or whatever you used) to do it?
    Something witty here...

Bay Area -USA
    The eggs you make are beautiful. I dont know if your site totally reflects that. I would suggest maybe a different color background for starters. If you like the blue thats cool but I dont know how well it works as the background color.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

at first glance after reading the sites purpose, i think the template goes well with your market niche. great work

Thanks for the comments you all. I've had friends and family look at it , but thats just not the same. lol

Originally posted by davidzzz
    Thanks for the comments you all. I've had friends and family look at it , but thats just not the same. lol
    Yea, you get a lot of "wow, that's so great", and "oh that one's really good"... then you pass it on to people who don't know you and get a completely opposite response, hehe.
    Something witty here...

Keep up the good work!
    data center directory - The comprehensive data center resource. Version 2.0 coming soon!

your RIGHT ! LOL hehe In response to your earlier question... I guess I'm more interested in design. I don't know hardly anything about html writing (i know how it works and i've seen it on my pages) and I rather copy and paste my concepts and let a program worry about the html writing. Like I said I'm very new to this...maybe down the road I'll learn more about html. Right now I just want to get a decent site up to sell my art. Oh yeah... I used "SiteSpinner" to do my site. A great prgram for the newbie and for those of us with little or no knowledge of html. I went with "bravenet" as a host because they had templets but found I didn't like any of them and wanted somthing I could work with a little. So when I found sitespinner I was greatful. Ever heard of it? by the way PlaneWalker, I went to your site and liked your work.

Thanks...talkwebhosts ! I went to talkhomebusiness looks like a good place for information. dave -

by the way PlaneWalker, I went to your site and liked your work.

I still need to add some stuff from this year. I have about... 20 I'll be putting up... eventually, hehe.
    Something witty here...

Your headed in the right direction with the colors and all. Just need to put a little more graphical looks to it and youll be able to enhance your design skills this way.

Some programs I reccomend trying:

Adobe Photoshop
    Flash 4 or 5 or MX
    Paint Shop Pro

Good programs to know and use, make things alot easier on yourself
    DDoS Protected Chicago and New York Virtual Private Servers with INSTANT setup!
    RAID-10 OpenVZ Virtual Private Servers with hundreds of OS templates! - "The" definition of personable support, that's us!
    Use coupon "50FORLIFE" for 50% off the life of ANY plan!

If you really want to learn how to make a site and all, then good luck. You've got a long way to go.

If you do egg painting as a living and are looking to use your site as a method to obtain more customers, you might want to consider purchasing a template and adding your content to the template.

The first thing you're going to want to do is separate your main logo and your menu. Sometimes having a logo and menu together as one looks very nice, in your case, it doesn't.

I'd suggest doing a vertical menu (rather than horizontal) just to take up some space.

Thanks for your review MrCodeDude. That is a templet I'm working from. I had thought about doing my menu different. I need more pages and the way my menu is now I can't add to it. So a vertical would work better. Thanks dave