Best server for this site?

Hey! I was wondering if you all know of any Cold Fusion 5 servers?

I would also like to know of the best dependable server for a site like this:

Could easily have 1-2,000 sub domains (so I would need unlimited)
    PHP 5 (4 OK but would rather have 5).
    The site will be where members of this one site StudioTraffic.com can sign up for $10 a month and will be able to manage there down line and get a therename.StudioRefer.com. The site has 211,000 members so if I only got 1/2% of those members that is 1055 members which I think I can easily get. So it will have to have a lot of bandwidth and space. Because every sub domain will have its own template and what nots on it.

Any help?

Jack

I know this may be best covered with a dedicated server, but With other sites offering unlimited subdomains with 32gb of BW and 2gb of space, what can they do I have 3,000 subdomains? Nothing they advertise unlimited.

Although I would have to buy more space because with 2 GB I could probably host 500-1000 subdomains.

Jack

Correct, you can use 500-1000subdomains, but with a 2GB offering, it would almost be impossible to realistically do that.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

I don't think a web host would like it if you hosted that many sub-domains. Nothing is unlimited, and when it's stated unlimited it usually means within reason. 3000+ sub-domains is not really within reason. Also diskspace and bandwidth will not be your only concern, your host may also knock you offline if you are using excessive resources like the CPU or RAM.

Your best bet would be a VPS or a dedicated server. With both of those options, you are responsible for setting up and securing the server which may be quite a bit of a learning curve. You will also have to make sure server software, and your members scripts are all up to date. Not to mention providing customer support for your members. This is just a fair warning that with the numbers you are projecting, this could be a full time job.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

I agree that you sould probably go VPS or dedicated, but it depends on how long its going to take you to get going, if for the first 6 months, your only going to have 5 maybe 10 subdmains, then you would probably be better goin with a shared host, and then go dedicated when you need it. You would probably find it easier on the pocket that way.
    Note to self: Add something funny!
    Search is your friend!

VPS solutions for this or anything custom are starting to gain ground for these extreme situations and are super cheap.

Cold Fusion itself cost big bucks and you should really have your own dedicated server for it.
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Originally posted by VapoRub
    Cold Fusion itself cost big bucks and you should really have your own dedicated server for it.
    Correct, last I checked it was around $5000, some places are offering it close to $400 a month, but if you plan to keep it longer than a year, then buying it outright is the way to go.