Question about Colo

if you colo a box...is your only responsiblity is the box and colo provider is responsiable for the network, right?

Re: Question about Colo

Originally posted by jt2377
    if you colo a box...is your only responsiblity is the box and colo provider is responsiable for the network, right?
    "No."

With that out of the way, most companies that offer co-location service will bundle bandwidth with their co-location products or offer it to their co-location customers. Those who don't are "carrier neutral," such as Equinix or Switch & Data.

If you buy both co-location (space and power, basically) and bandwidth from the same company, then generally you are only responsible for your server(s).
    Jeff at Innovative Network Concepts / 212-981-0607 x8579 / AIM: jeffsw6
    Expert IP network consultation and operation at affordable rates
    95th Percentile Explained Rate-Limiting on Cisco IOS switches

Re: Re: Question about Colo

Originally posted by jsw6
    "No."

With that out of the way, most companies that offer co-location service will bundle bandwidth with their co-location products or offer it to their co-location customers. Those who don't are "carrier neutral," such as Equinix or Switch & Data.

If you buy both co-location (space and power, basically) and bandwidth from the same company, then generally you are only responsible for your server(s).
    hi, thank you for your reply but i'm afarid that i do not understand. if... say i colo a box with Colo4Dallas, isn't they are responsible for network while i'm responsible to admin my own box.

for example, if there is DDOS, is it my responsibility or colo provider?