how many / how long

Quick question . . . how many customers do you have AND how long did it take to get them?
    Hurricom Interactive
    http://hurricom.net
    Powerful Web Solutions for Small Businesses

Re: how many / how long

Originally posted by cmtusa
    Quick question . . . how many customers do you have AND how long did it take to get them?
    From my very limited experience here on WHT, most poeple will not just hand out their personal business info away to strangers on public forums... I know I wouldn't

Geez . . . personal information? Just wanting to know if we are moving at an average pace.
    Hurricom Interactive

Geez . . . personal information? Just wanting to know if we are moving at an average pace.

Aww.... I didn't interpret your post in this way. Sorry, I took it like you wanted to know everyone's private sales stats.

Nevermind then

not at all

Not at all. As I said, we're just wondering if we're progressing at an average pace.
    Hurricom Interactive

Well, start off the thread with your info, and get the ball rolling.

- John C.

I seconded that John.

No smart business man (or Woman) will give you that information

- Eddy
    Tired of jumping web hosting providers? Tired of OVERSELLING? Tired of Poor service/quality?
    Are you Finally realizing You Get What You Pay For In Life?
    If So...Please Visit ***** eServicesUnlimited***** - We Guarantee 100% Satisfaction we promise that!

That's what you asked for. If you want a comparison, give us YOUR numbers.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

I am quite below average , it took me 8 years to build up a good base....: (

our numbers

We've been at it for nearly two years, and we have about 70 hosting customers. We also have approximately 50 design customers (firms that send projects our way on a monthly basis). Our ad budget is only $300 per month. I was just wondering how we were doing in relation to other firms.
    Hurricom Interactive

Well I've got enough customers to keep me busy and it took around 3 years to get them but they keep coming. I'm not exactly sure how I can answer your question.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

We do have a good number of customers at this point. Problem is . . . we aren't getting many new customers these days.
    The lead system we've been using doesn't seem as effective as it once was. We probably need to try the local market. We've never really done that.
    Hurricom Interactive

its definately alot harder to get clients these days.

it took me 1 year to get my first 100 clients without a advertising budget.
    Off Topic Web Forum - A forum for talking about anything!!
    N.Z. Webmaster Community - Are you from New Zealand? Well signup to our forum!!!!

I highly doubt that this is information that people will be willing to hand out. There may be some exceptions. But as a professional rule most people do not discuss numbers.

I only have about 10 paying clients and over the last 3 years my max was about 15. I don't advertise it's just friends and a few people I chat with online.

This board is anonymous it won't hurt for hosts to post their numbers they don't even have to identify what company they represent.

Jim

getting the customers depends on how much work you put into it

and money
    Off Topic Web Forum - A forum for talking about anything!!
    N.Z. Webmaster Community - Are you from New Zealand? Well signup to our forum!!!!

Iv been in busy for 4 months now and i have over 40 costumers. I think they just like my plans

There are just too many variables to consider. Comparing hosting companies is like comparing apples and bananas. They are both fruits but are different in size, shape and design.

I know of a few hosts around who have started with nothing, and gained upwards of 1000+ clients in the first few months. Others only gain a few in that time period, while others gain no clients and fold after a few short months.

I can guarantee you won't get many people who'll give specifics, and the ones that do really won't give you the direct comparison you are looking for...because of the inherent differences in budget, pricing and scope of service.
    Ovica.com : Web Hosting Is What We Do!

Hello CMT, since you're on a quest to find out how you're doing.....why not find out the growth rate for hosted sites as a percentage, and then look at your own growth percentage? The information is there.

7 years ago, we were getting 8-10 new clients a day without a dime spent (outside of a few key domains). Today, the market is saturated with offers and hosting companies (at much lower prices than 7 years ago) so the trend for us from a marketing perspective has shifted to target local users. It's much easier to sell at a higher rate if you're a leader in your local market.
    Kenneth R Taylor
    Inet7 Internet Serivces
    Web & Application Hosting Services
    http://www.inet7.com

We do have a good number of customers at this point. Problem is . . . we aren't getting many new customers these days.
    The lead system we've been using doesn't seem as effective as it once was. We probably need to try the local market. We've never really done that.

You may launch a referral program, ask your existing clients to refer at least three new customers, on return you can offer some gift or any other lucrative offer to those clients.