2Checkout Fraud Flagging/Protection ?

I think i am about to signup to 2checkout and i am trying to find out some more information which i cant find of their website.

Does any one have experience with 2checkouts methods of fraud prevention. I have naturally read all the information on their site. How does the system work to 2Checkout flag orders that it thinks are fraudulent ? Do they investigate or do you ? If a payment is not flagged and it turns out to be fraudulent then are you insured by them?

Sorry about the number of questions !!!! I think 2Co is my only option as i don't want to pay a monthly fee and have a small seasonal turn over.

Thanks info would be great thanks Alex

You need to check every order your self. you can give a call & verify order manually

2co fraud investigate it not 100% correct so go for manually by your self
    ComCities.Com| provide hosting solutions Since 2002
    FLV Enable Icecast Hosting | Shoutcast Hosting | Mobile Streaming | Live TV Streaming | Live Radio Streaming
    CPanel Hosting Solutions | Dedicated Servers | Wowza Media Dedicated Servers | CDN Solutions

When you say verify the order manually, do you just mean call the number given by the customer. Surely they could just confirm the fraudulent details, or will they not be this organized? Do you find this effective ? Thanks Alex

Actually the best fraud detector is your intuition and nothing else, so you can never say that you processor is in charge for 100%, you always have to think and check yourself if want to have low fraudulent activity...

Yeah I understand that, i run an ebay store at the moment and its become second nature to spot the frauds. i am just slightly worried as this will be my first online shop so to speak and initially it will be hard to spot them. Any one used Algo FraudScreen ( algozone.com ) ? Thanks Al

Go for 2checkout as they have best fraud prevention system. They verify address of customer with the address of IP he uses as well as phone and zip is verified.

You should deny orders from some countries from where most of the fraud orders come. Those countries have already been discussed in this forum.

i do have an account with them for more than a year.. everything is fine to me ,,, so dun worry, u will get ur money =)

p.s: sometimes they may reject genuine order.. there are pros and cons the way the verify orders..

Originally posted by etechsupport2
    Go for 2checkout as they have best fraud prevention system. They verify address of customer with the address of IP he uses as well as phone and zip is verified.

You should deny orders from some countries from where most of the fraud orders come. Those countries have already been discussed in this forum.
    Their fraud detection system is good, but it's not the best...

The best method to check if your order is fraudlent or not is to call every customer, but if you proceed more than 100 a day, that can be difficult.

You should deny orders from some countries from where most of the fraud orders come.
    Never listen to people like that. If your product is really interesting to be bought by a stolen card, none hacker will ever ship to his homeland, all the fraudlent products are beign shiped to USA, trust me.

Originally posted by muji

Never listen to people like that. If your product is really interesting to be bought by a stolen card, none hacker will ever ship to his homeland, all the fraudlent products are beign shiped to USA, trust me.
    But why are those countries considered to be fraudulent then?

But why are those countries considered to be fraudulent then
    Oh Mr.Smarty, want to discuss things in another post ? Well cause every business is developing and everything starts from something. The credit card fraud started from shipping to homeland. Now this is a big business and people there are not so dumb. If you want to discuss this further prepare to loose in my next reply.

Hosting account is not shipped to any particular location. You dont need legitimate address to get a domain name or hosting account and hardly anyone does the verification of address for hosting account.

If 50% of the orders from a particular country are fraud then you have to take precautions to verify each and every order from that particular country and there are many cases where customers from those countries have done chargeback even after phone verification.

Even if you ship some product to some other country and the customer does chargeback after receiving shipment then its rare that you will get your money back. Process of getting your money back is very tedious and you wont like to take any action untill and unless the amount is big.

Its better to stay on safer side and ship products to countries which have good reputation in Internet World.

Re: 2Checkout Fraud Flagging/Protection ?

Originally posted by alex22alex
    I think i am about to signup to 2checkout and i am trying to find out some more information which i cant find of their website.

Does any one have experience with 2checkouts methods of fraud prevention. I have naturally read all the information on their site. How does the system work to 2Checkout flag orders that it thinks are fraudulent ? Do they investigate or do you ? If a payment is not flagged and it turns out to be fraudulent then are you insured by them?

Sorry about the number of questions !!!! I think 2Co is my only option as i don't want to pay a monthly fee and have a small seasonal turn over.

Thanks info would be great thanks Alex
    Don't they offer phone support so you can call and ask them the questions directly?

IR

Hey, Yeah i saw the contact details but i felt that i would get a more honest answer here and a broader range of opinions. Which i have so thanks all ?
    Thanks Alex