Question SSH bruteforce - unfair competition

We run a small hosting company.
    I have recently checked logs and found interresting records.

Log cut:
    Jul _3 07:18:22 scorpion sshd(pam_unix)[27553]: authentication failure; logname=
    uid=0 euid=0 tty=NODEVssh ruser= _user=root

And there is alot of such
    As you see remote host, from which connection was made is, from other webhosting company's primary server .
    I've email'ed em about this case, but so far no reply.

The question would be:
    Do you guys (admins) have seen such competitor's unfair work?

I think, this is amoral.

Long Island, New York
    They've probably been broken into. I doubt they are doing it on purpose. If you can't get through to them, notify the host they're on. It appears to be ServerMatrix/ThePlanet. - Business Web Hosting Solutions & Server Management Since 2003

San Marcos, TX
    I'd seriously doubt that is actually the one trying to brute-force you... it's quite possible that there's a user on that server that's responsible for the attack. (Which, either way, is still bad on their part.)

As for a resolution, I wouldn't even bother e-mailing the host... forward the log entries to [email protected] (the owner of the IP) and they'll hopefully get it taken care of.
    Kasey Johns - sparkNet Creative
    cPanel - Shared - Reseller - Custom Solutions
    Satisfaction Guaranteed Hosting - 30 Day Money Back - 99.9% Uptime - 24 Hour Support

ThePlanet takes abuse seriously, just go ahead and use the email address above. - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at] :: AIM: CybexH

Hi everybody,

I've mailed ThePlanet.
    Thank's for your replys.