Cpanel license server down...

Anyone else having an expired Cpanel license ?? I am having a lot of fun right now.

Yup starting to see more and more problems

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

I just checked a few of our servers and so far have not experienced any problems with expired licenses. It is possible that the licensing server is back up now. Anyhow, if I notice any problems, I will update this thread.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

It's back up but has been down for several hours and the specific license that I want to update has expired (although it shouldn`t have...)

Yep, there was an issue with the cpanel licence server. We, and other hosts had issues getting the auth from their server etc. Problem lasted for around 2 hours, from my understanding.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Same here, it's been ongoing for the past 2 weeks, but cPanel still thinks it's on our end. I however have a feeling that one of their licensing boxes is either overloaded or not time sync'd.
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

It seems all fine now for me at least.

Same here, it's intermittent and jumps from server to server... annoying nonetheless
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

Well netenberg was down for a while last night, I'm guessing that's why Fantastico was down across all servers?

What absolutely pisses me off is the error message our customers see when this happens. To them, it looks like we haven't paid our cPanel bill. It would be nice if the error message was a little more host friendly and explained that the problem is at cPanel's end and not ours!!!

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Yes Tina I think most of us dream of that day, thats the thing cPanel dont want to make it look like it there fault, when clearly it is. Why else would it tell several hosts at the same time there lisence has expired, but yet cPanel make us believe it is our problem.

Happened once so far, for a couple of minutes.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

Did not receive any complaints from any of our clients regarding this issue, I wonder why we did not have this problem and everyone else did.

It happened only when your server need to resync with the license db. For example when a server is rebooted. (which is another issue on why we have to resync on reboots especially since it brings down POP)
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

Originally posted by AH-Tina
    What absolutely pisses me off is the error message our customers see when this happens. To them, it looks like we haven't paid our cPanel bill. It would be nice if the error message was a little more host friendly and explained that the problem is at cPanel's end and not ours!!!
    Yes, I couldn't agree more!!

I hear that cpanel only have 2 auth servers. I'm not sure why they've been having so many problems lately with this licencing aspect etc. They have enough $$$$ rolling through the door, to make sure things like this do not happen, period!

I like cpanel, but come on folks, get the darn licencing working properly.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    Yes, I couldn't agree more!!

I hear that cpanel only have 2 auth servers. I'm not sure why they've been having so many problems lately with this licencing aspect etc. They have enough $$$$ rolling through the door, to make sure things like this do not happen, period!

I like cpanel, but come on folks, get the darn licencing working properly.
    I absolutely agree!

As Tina explained, this gives a bad impression to everyone's clients

We were affected for two days...maybe they should think about taking on more servers to handle the load.

It's reoccuring again... this is getting old quickly.

Yeah, it is so frustrating when we tell our customers its fixed...only to have them open another ticket 24 hours later saying "Well, its not working for me yet.".

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Yes, I agree... I wish they would look into this more.... it's so random that it's really hard for me to submit at ticket, i.e. I can't leave it off to wait for them to react... I'll try if I notice the error at night though...

Along with the couple of hours within the last day or two which affected one of our servers (couldn't resync) we've been seeing a lot of random license errors which seem to go away after refreshing a couple of times.

I totally agree with all the points above especially on the error message because it looks totally unprofessional when we have to tell clients "we have paid our cPanel bill, please refresh the page!".
    Chief brew-maker at several hosting brands since 2002.

FLXI | UK based, cPanel/WHM reseller hosting
    Pay-as-you-go billing, why pay for what you don't use?

Has anyone ever asked cPanel to change the error message being displayed?

--Tina

Perhaps you should submit a feature request via bugzilla.

Maybe we should open a Poll on the cPanel forum requesting action to be taken...i mean lets think, its not asif they dont have the money to pay for some server upgrades and possibly a few new servers (in different locations maybe)

How can that be?
    The number of concurrent connections from all cPanel installations would have killed them both. I mean we are talking about tens or hundreds of thousands servers calling home. Thats gotta be few times the power of a full scale slashdot effect.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob

I hear that cpanel only have 2 auth servers.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?