Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a help desk script for hosting businesses

I am looking for a support desk script that can receive emails from a POP account and paste them into a ticket support system. Any recommendations ?

I have been using PerlDesk but it is a nightmare. Even Windows 3.1 had less bugs.

Get the free version of Cerberus. It's limited to just one e-mail but , that's good enough for many.

http://www.cerberusweb.com/free_version.php

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I highly recommend Kayako eSupport.
    Vertivo :: Affordable Web Hosting Packages and Reseller Plans
    We offer affordable and reliable Linux-based Reseller and Shared Hosting Plans. Accepted: All major Credit Cards and PayPal.

I second Kayako, just started using, find the ease of usage for administrators and end users alike to be fantastic, 2 thumbs up!

Is Kayako buggy ?

Is Kayako buggy ?

Nop, im using this for 18 months...great

Originally posted by thomas.smith
    Is Kayako buggy ?
    Not to my knowledge. I've been using Kayako for my new business, and I love it. Nice layout, and works well. I'm happy.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

I say cerberus... just set mine up with one email and support front and its AMAZING! If everything goes well will be buying full version in the future

9. Ping!Zine had an article on this not too long ago - if I can find it, I'll post the link here.

<<Signatures need to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 07-05-2005 at 10:04 PM.

Ahh.. I think that was written by Matt Lightner (CEO of Site5)

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

thomas.smith,

If your looking for an inexpense, feature packed, reliable support desk. I would use supporttrio. I have tried cerberus, Esupport, Supportrio, and many others and I do like supporttrio the best. We are in the process of updating our own site to integrate it into it. We currently use esupport.
    Synersis Media | Boutique Technology Marketing Agency

Kayako and SupportTrio both look hopeful from my tests. We can't stand PerlDesk anymore, either, especially with its latest random errors.

try dvdtechnologies.com i use it at my site, its great

Originally posted by Moni-Q
    I highly recommend Kayako eSupport.
    Kayako is very good!!!

We've been using Kayako for a very long time. Its easy for the customers to use as well as staff.

I must be an idiot...because I've looked at Cerebus from a customer point of view and it confused the heck out of me. One of the companies that we have a server with uses Cerebus...I never did figure out how to get the reply to my HelpDesk ticket. I ended up emailing the owner and asking him to handle it.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Originally posted by AH-Tina
    I must be an idiot...

*bites tongue*
    . . . because I've looked at Cerebus from a customer point of view and it confused the heck out of me.
    Yep, another idiot here too It confused me, and one of the reasons I chose Kayako.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Yes cerberus was kinda confusing but once you get into it and everything you learn very fast and there isnt a problem no more

Originally posted by BoggeRs
    Yes cerberus was kinda confusing but once you get into it

Is that before or after your customers get frustrated and give up?

You shouldn't thrust anything onto your customers that is "kinda confusing".

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Originally posted by AH-Tina
    Is that before or after your customers get frustrated and give up?

You shouldn't thrust anything onto your customers that is "kinda confusing".

--Tina
    the agent-gui i meant... but the support center is full out step by step took me 2 days to set up gui all well and 30 min for the support center... so its not that bad... i like it more then eSupport and with the new system MajorCRM coming out in the future it will be better then Support Suite IMO....

Good luck and pick one that is comfortable... eSupport does not have a trial so I don't know where to go from there

I am currently also running Cerberus (free version) on my helpdesk, it only handle my current support email and seems quite ok. However as it had not been tested with many tickets pouring in yet , thus I had yet to fully evaluate it.

Another issue now is that it wouldn't send an auto email response when someone email to that address..

I'll add my voice to Kayako and I've just purchased another full license. A few little bugs mostly with Keys and customer pulling up their ticket history but thats about it

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Originally posted by freehtml
    I am currently also running Cerberus (free version) on my helpdesk, it only handle my current support email and seems quite ok. However as it had not been tested with many tickets pouring in yet , thus I had yet to fully evaluate it.

Another issue now is that it wouldn't send an auto email response when someone email to that address..
    open up your queue for that email address and scroll half way down and there is a checkbox that says New ticket notice or something click that and enter your message in the message box and click save and you are set when a new ticket comes in the email goes out

Originally posted by BoggeRs
    open up your queue for that email address and scroll half way down and there is a checkbox that says New ticket notice or something click that and enter your message in the message box and click save and you are set when a new ticket comes in the email goes out
    I had already enabled the ' Enable New Ticket Auto Response' but when new ticket is send to the support email, such error occurs :

' Could not send autoresponse e-mail. (valid RCPT command must precede DATA) '

When I replied the ticket :

' Could not send e-mail to requester list. (valid RCPT command must precede DATA) '

What is it about Support Trio that you like?

Originally posted by BHNSupport
    thomas.smith,

If your looking for an inexpense, feature packed, reliable support desk. I would use supporttrio. I have tried cerberus, Esupport, Supportrio, and many others and I do like supporttrio the best. We are in the process of updating our own site to integrate it into it. We currently use esupport.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

Try Kayako eSupport we have been using it for years & never had any problems. However their support really sucks & some times you have to wait for days to get a response.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast