cron jobs how to???????????

could anyone help me, im installing a php auction site pre made, its up and running but in the installiotion notes its says

Using Cpanel, access cron jobs off the main page. There, click on Advanced (Unix Style), and enter your email address then enter the following information in the box's: (15) in first box, (0) in second, (*) in third, forth and fifth, (GET yourdomain/cron.php > /dev/null) in the text field.

15 0 * * * GET yourdomaincom/cron.php > /dev/null

how do i do that? can anyone help me with this?

if anyone can help i will send $10 for ur help

If the server you are on runs cPanel, you need to access your cPanel, goto Cron jobs and add a new crojob using the instructions above. If not, say so and someone will be able to take you through the steps to add a cron manually

i will need step by step, cos cant find cron in my hosting control panel so hows it possible to do this

which control panel are you using ?

the one at fasthosts . co . uk
    here is the read me file i got with the php script!

Installation of this site may be more difficult for beginners as it requires setting of cron jobs.

Step One: Create a database

Step Two: Edit config.php with your MySQL information.

Step Three: Edit includes\adminmail.inc.php with your main email.

Step Four: Upload all all files to your server, keeping the directory structure in tact..

Step Five: Set permissions on the following files:

chmod 777: the folder "counter"
    chmod 666: /counter/auction_id.txt
    chmod 777: the folder "uploaded"
    chmod 777: the folder "banners"
    chmod 777: /includes/adminmail.inc.php
    chmod 777: /includes/categories_select_box.inc.php
    chmod 777: /includes/countries.inc.php
    chmod 777: /includes/currency.inc.php
    chmod 666: log.txt (for debugging purposes in payment system)

Step Six: Create a cron job to ensure that the page cron.php gets executed periodically. This page will close auctions, notify bidders, etc. The following is a cron to run daily at 12:15 am. You can change this once your site has heavier traffic to run more often however to start with once a day is highly recemmended.

Using Cpanel, access cron jobs off the main page. There, click on Advanced (Unix Style), and enter your email address then enter the following information in the box's: (15) in first box, (0) in second, (*) in third, forth and fifth, (GET h t t p : / / y o u r d o m a i n . c o m / c r o n . p h p > /dev/null) in the text field.

15 0 * * * GET h t t p : / / y o u r d o m ai n . c o m / c r o n . p h p > /dev/null

Step Seven: Visit h t t p : / / w w w . y o u r w e b s i t e . c o m / i n s t a l l . p h p. This will run the installer that will create the tables and populate your data, after the installer has completed you will be prompted to create your admin login information. Once complete, browse through the admin sections to edit your website.

It is recommended that you delete install.php from your server after the site is installed.

Step Eight: If you wish to edit the logo, a gif called logo_blank.gif is included in the images folder. Modify the logo in a program like Photoshop, or other painting program and replace logo.gif

Advertising

This site comes with a simple rotating banner system that is administered from the admin, plus a newsletter that can be used to generate advertising revenue. By default only banner advertising via PayPal has been added. To add or change the advertising options you will need an HTML authoring program to edit:

template_advertise.php located in the templates folder.

I'll do it for $10.

hi how can u help me with this please?

You better try

15 0 * * * php -q /path/to/your/directory/cron.php

this will do the job.
    knowledge is Power , Spread it.
    www.e-tutankhamun.com
    ahmed@e-tutankhamun.com
    AIM:AhmedFouad0 , yahooID:xor2004