Ndorae releases a new gaming consol competitor: ForceWind

The company I work for has decided to start leaking some information about a new gaming consol that will battle with the rest, to become the best and strongest. I was chosen to leak some of this information.

We are a new company to this arena, and Ndorae is our name. For the past several years, our company has been working hard with processors that have, what is known as Dual-Core. Essentially it is a processor with two brains: it functions like two processors. And of course, these new processors can't work the way they should without additional programming for every game that comes out. So, as you can imagine, we have been working on that as well.

You can think of our company as an all around computer parts and accessories company. Although we have not released any of our products, we will be using many of them within this new gaming system. This is a huge company with around 200 employees, but we've been trying to keep a low profile until we can release something worthwhile. We decided that this is the time.

This gamming system is currently named ForceWind. It's current price range is between $200 and $300 United States dollars. You can count on a price lower than you'd expect for such a product, as well as cheaper game prices.

Current System Specs
    + Dual-Core CPU @ 2.8gz with 1.5mb L2 cache each brain.
    + 512mb RAM.
    + 10GB built-in Hard Drive.
    + Another slot for a detachable Hard Drive.
    + 4 USB 2.0 Ports.
    + 2 Firewire Ports.
    + A "12-in-1" memory card reader.
    + 4 controller slots.
    + Gibabit Ethernet (10/100/1000).
    + Phone jack for dial-up users.
    + Wireless: MIMO and b/g compatibility.

These specs are generalized for simplicity. Later we will release more information with more detail (for example: exactly how fast the memory is, and how good the graphics are). We have no pictures of what the gaming system will look like at this time

If you have a lot of memory cards you aren't using, such as SD and CompactFlash cards. These cards can be used as extra RAM. So your 512MB card can double as extra RAM, boosting the system's original 512MB RAM, to 1GB RAM, which may be needed for some games. Your memory cards (as well as USB drives) can be used for what they were built for: storing. You can save some game saves, to share with others.

There is no way to contact Ndorae yet. Our website is not ready yet. We will be setting up some offices around the world, so you can dial an 800 number to get help with someone from the country (or closest) in which you live. This as well has not been set up, but expect them to be set up around the launch of ForceWind system.

- C Hale

Note: Everything said here is not set in stone. Things may change. An estimated release date has not yet been set.

I'll bite

What game makers have signed on to this new console? Are you in talks with any big names? What operating system will this be running? Do you worry that a lack of information about this console might lead people to speculate this is another Phantom? (http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NTEy)
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

haha memory sticks are FAR too slow to act as RAM.

This domain name IS AVAILABLE:
    NDORAE.COM $8.95*/yr

This domain name IS AVAILABLE:
    FORCEWIND.COM $8.95*/yr

Nice catch phpcoder. Now I want to know why a 200 person company doesn't have the .com version of their company name registered.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

Forget the little guys like Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft. What I want to know is will the ForceWind be better than this?

Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

You know... basically all USB Pen drives are, is a memory stick, with a battery attached to it. The thing that slows it down is the "USB" part.

I suspect we will be using chips are hard drives instead of disks, in the near future. Chips are so much faster. But, yes, the RAM will be slow. We are actually trying to work on a new device to act as this RAM so that it will be a faster.

I don't know who has signed for it yet. I am releasing this information way ahead, but the C.E.O thought it would be a good idea anyway. I can't say too much about it at the moment. Other gamming systems seem to be leaning towards "Spring 2006." That's a little too unrealistic for us, even with about 200 employees. But we'll see. We have already done most of the hard work:
    The technology with the CPUs
    Wireless MIMO: which by the way is faster than wireless G, and super G, and has a better range.

We're stuck on the media for the games. Are we going to use DVD readers? Perhaps make something that reads and stores more than a normal DVD reader does? Maybe even let it write to the disk (or whatever it turns out to be) so users could store data right on to the game. We'll see. But like I said we are behind.

Now that I think about these subjects that have been brought up, it is a bit strange.
    Those domain names are not yet bought because we aren't sure of names yet. It doesn't really matter too much for our company name to change, since it isn't really known.
    I'll have to ask some of these questions to the C.E.O (and even the questions I answered I'll have to ask again to make sure I got it right), and developers at our next meeting. I am not really apart of the development: mainly I make sure everything is going smoothly, and I attempt to gather information from the developers. They call me a "Social Manager."
    So I'll have to in query about all this. Any more questions?

Even if you wern't sure on the name, It's not very bright to not register the domain name. What if you decide to go with that name, but now someone from WHT has registered the domain?

There is no way to contact Ndorae yet. Our website is not ready yet. We will be setting up some offices around the world, so you can dial an 800 number to get help with someone from the country (or closest) in which you live. This as well has not been set up, but expect them to be set up around the launch of ForceWind system.
    I'm doubting you by this sentence. The console, if it is truly being made, will have no hype around it if the company does not have a website or even phone number until the launch of the console. How are you planning to get in touch with Gamespot, IGNGamespy and the like? Either this is a hoax, or a failure waiting to happen.

The Next-Gen consoles are set for around the same release date, and they already have prototypes out at E3 and events. Games are being developed already.
    Last edited by MStar; 07-03-2005 at 04:12 PM.

Your manager/boss/CEO needs to take a lesson on proper corporate planning if he's telling you to leak names out to the public. Not only does he risk losing those names as options, the much greater risk is the confusion this brings to the market. Start posting this stuff everywhere, and when they come out with a system using a completely different name, you'll have a bunch of people wondering what happened to the ForceWind. Diluting your marketing like this is very foolish, and it leads me to believe this is either a poorly conceived hoax, or the system stands to run about as well as the company.

When you start releasing information publicly without the answers to some very basic questions, you end up hurting yourself much more than helping. I imagine the better portion of the people who are reading this are having a hard time taking you seriously (I know I am), and this attitude will transfer right to the system itself, should it actually make it to market. Without being able to name game manufacturers or answer speculations about games that will available on the platform, you've leaked nothing more than the fact that some company no one's ever heard of before is making a box with some hardware and a proprietary OS on it - hardly buzzworthy. Surely the company's name is solid if not the name of the product, right? So, where can I go to learn more about this company?

No offense to you, of course. You're just following orders, right?
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

1jetsam what is the name of the 200 person company, then? A company that big is surely registered as a licensed business. What's the name of your CEO?

Are you licensing your wireless technology to other vendors? Are you worried about the enormous capital expenditure associated with inventing new technologies such as a replacement of DVD?

The system you spec'd out will probably cost $500-$800 to make per unit. Does your company have enough funding to "eat" the cost of losing money on each sale just to build the system and make money on game licensing? Are you VC funded?

Hope you don't mind the questions. I've never had direct access to a game console maker before and it has my curiousity .

Ndorae is an awfully awkward name, how are people supposed to pronounce it?

This fell apart fast...

It all comes down to the greed of people: and we glorify them. We make big deals out of the PS3 for example. Games for Sony's PSP cost $40. Sony can make these disks for around $0.01. And it only takes maybe $1 per game to pay everyone: Sony, and the game developers who made the game.
    Why don't games cost $2? Why do they cost $40?
    The XBOX 360 is another example. They don't bother to use wireless. The Revolution won't have ethernet. They are greedy, and they want lots and lots of money, cutting whatever they can.
    The Sony PSP could sell for $50, and Sony would be making lots of profit.

Yes, I did lie, to tell the truth. This lie wasn't so much for my pleasure, I actually started feeling not so good. I am sorry.
    Do you notice in the specs, it says a Phone Jack? Lots of people still have phones. Some people have Ethernet, since it is still faster than wireless. Others have wireless, and try to stay away form ethernet.

I guess my point wasn't really effective at all, nor is my explaination. So I'm counting on you to think about it a little more. Its hard to write down what I am saying, so you do the thinking, not me. This whole thing did have a huge point.

And I'll say one last thing:
    "Support the little guys."

Originally posted by 1jetsam
    "Support the little guys."
    Next time start a thread about that instead. Misleading a forum for some strange purpose wasn't a very nice thing to do.

Originally posted by CTG
    Next time start a thread about that instead. Misleading a forum for some strange purpose wasn't a very nice thing to do.
    That probably would have been smarter wouldn't it? But its a bit hard to explain... Oh, well.

Originally posted by 1jetsam
    The XBOX 360 is another example. They don't bother to use wireless.
    Yes, They do.

Games for Sony's PSP cost $40. Sony can make these disks for around $0.01. And it only takes maybe $1 per game to pay everyone: Sony, and the game developers who made the game. Why don't games cost $2? Why do they cost $40?
    It's called making a profit. Noone would be in the business to only break even. The companies need money to develop the new consoles, these prototypes and new technologies don't just appear out of thin air. Sure games could possibly be cheaper than $40, but saying games should be $2 is just absurd. How much do you think it cost to develop cell? Also, Sony isn't getting all of that money, somewhere around 25%.

I am going to get this information on our new website..

www.ps3vsxbox360.net..

I dont know, leak some more info, and I might start up www.ps3vsxbox360vsforcewind.com

Hows that?
    Anyways, You leaked it here,
    I will leak it on my site.

UNLESS thats violating some sorta rule, and i shouldnt do it?
    what do you think?

Nice one.

Its nice to have more features in the gaming consoles . More development comes by the competition there.