Big Proglem With Vrtservers

I am trying since last 35 hours writing this and still my server are not booted, how can i rely on this service, Overall 800 high usage website effected 35 hours downtime currently.

1st Mail sent was on Saturday, July 02, 2005 12:48 PM

Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2005 12:48 PM
    To: [email protected]'
    Subject: Urgent : Reboot Server 207.226.17.111
    Importance: High

Hi,

My Server either consuming more resources or gone in DoS Attack, it is not connectable
    Now even from Remote Desktop.

Please reboot my machine 207.226.17.111 urgently.

1st Reply I got on after continuous phone call email etc.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2005 7:52 PM
    To: Monika Verma
    Subject: Re: Urgent : Reboot Server 207.226.17.111

It was already rebooted.

Quoting Monika Verma <[email protected]>:

> Hi,
    >
    > My Server either consuming more resources or gone in DoS Attack, it is
    > not connectable
    > Now even from Remote Desktop.
    >
    > Please reboot my machine 207.226.17.111 urgently.
    >
    >
    > Regards
    > Monika Verma
    > Sangwan.com
    >

But Server never rebooted, it was in same state.

Immediately after 2 hours, my another server with vrtserver goes down 205.177.75.216 which i just bough 1 week back.

and after conitinuous email and phone call try (never waste your call for calling them, it is never picked up you will always listen "Voice Mail Full try after some time"), what is this, but any way I got their soft reply :

(Just check the time)

Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2005 1:08 PM
    Subject: RE: Urgent : Reboot Server 207.226.17.111

Hi Monika,

The server was already rebooted. If you need us to check it out from the
    console, please let us know the root password.

<b>To avoid any delay, please do not make a duplicate email.</b>

Thank you.

>>> Telling that previus day server was already booted and we are just wasting their time.

>>> Telling that due to my many request which i am buzzing them after each hour cause them delay.

So at this time my 2 server with them was down. We was finally able to convince customers and up everything in another server, unfortunately this was also with them, and this time the complete series of network 205.177.75.* down.

At the time of writing its alredy 3 hours passed, and I got no reply.

Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2005 10:52 PM
    Subject: URGENT : Complete Network Down 205.177.75.*

There is too much problem already 35 hours passed but you have not resolved my problems,
    And now the complete network is down 205.177.75.* , 205.177.75.216, 205.177.75.136
    whats going on ???

Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2005 9:45 PM
    Subject: Whats going on there we need urgent support

My Another server 205.117.75.136 also started network timeout all of sudden. And my other 2 servers
    Are still not live even after 35 hours.

35 hours passed already but nothing is up and my 3 server still down, how can anyone take the services with such support, ahhhhh they claim in google advertisement 24x7 website support
    its great, no phone no, no emergency support, no remote reboot ( i must say in hosting remote reboot is required), no +ve attitude of customer damage.

What VRTServer say in this regard ?

Sounds like your servers might have been exploited, and while VRTServer might have hard rebooted them, it doesnt mean they bothered to check whether the servers booted up fine / didnt crash again.
    There is either an exploit on the servers that runs to cause it to hang (boot/crontad entry), or the exploit might be causing kernel panics on boot.
    It is possible that there might be hardware problems, or another explanation for this though.

You given root password as asked to them diagnose fully?

Regards,
    Raj H.

Hi,

I am still running in problem, just see they are not bothered

ping -t 205.177.75.216 (Linux Server)

ping -t 205.177.75.136 (Window Server)

Network Down.

I know i tune up mysql.cnf to go upto 1.5 GB Memory for load, which cause my server 205.177.75.216 gone dead and even not connectable from ssh, but I am continuously monitoring for them to reboot, and until they reboot i can't do anything.

My Server 207.226.17.111 which they claim they have rebooted actually dieing in "Windows Shutting down window", its not rebooted after i reboot the machine. The IP is pinging but RPC service and all services are down.

I monitor ping after i issue reboot command and it never gone ping out and just struck.

More than 35 hours passed they have still not rebooted nor they replying.

They still not replied, nor rebooted, and nor looking the network 205.177.75.* which is completely down.

Finally I got reply, just see the time :

Sent: Monday, July 04, 2005 2:08 AM
    Subject: RE: Urgent : Reboot Server 207.226.17.111

Hi,

So what do you want us to do with the server?
    If you want us to reboot the server, then please let us know. Reboot may not always works just fine. If you need us to get into the console, then we need the password to check it out. Otherwise, you might want to request a reformat.
    Quoting Monika Verma <[email protected]>:

> Hi,
    >
    > Just try login into 207.226.17.111 using remote desktop
    > Its not connecting
    >
    > Just try connecting using ssh 205.177.75.216 its not responding Even
    > for password.
    >
    > Regards
    > Monika Verma
    > Sangwan.com

>>> I now there is no problem at all this is windows behaviour it sometimes gone down during reboot and i am trying to tell them since last 40 hours to reboot, now they still need confirmation for reboot.

I am monitoring and its pinging continuously in 207.226.17.111 still they have not rebooted yet.

Waiting for reply, the next reply from vrtserver, which may come after 12 hours.

First of all sangwan, When contacting hte DC/Server provider with these sorts of requests i would always provide them your root password so they can investigate!

Yes, i do, generally DC/Service provider when looking the problem is in touch they are not coming up after 12 hours, i never experience such things with any of Data Center. They take some time 3-4 hours fine, but they always reboot, I am monitoring it continuously for reboot the ping must go and request timeout comes for some 3-4 times, but here nothing is going on ping is responding continuously.