A Few Questions About Touch Support

Hello,

I have a few questions about Touch Support, that I would like to ask members that have actually used their service. I've already chatted with their sales department, but I am looking for unbaised answers to a few questions.

1.) What is the average response time that Touch Support will respond to your clients support request?

2.) How does their skill, knowledge, and willingness to help sound in their support tickets. Since they are all in the USA, does their english sound perfect, or slighly broken up?

3.) Have you used their server administration? I'm looking into their dedicated tech for $99 per month. Do they respond fast to server admin type questions?

4.) Does the license that they give you include an unlimited version of Kayako, or is it the lite version? How do I get the script and license, am I able to download Kayako from their members area, and will it include a license key?

Touch Support seems to have a pretty good rep here on WHT which is why I am seriousely considering them.

Thanks in advance

You have to keep in mind that most people that use Touch Support want to keep that information private so some of the questions you are asking are not going to be answered. You also might want to check past posts by search for "touch support" using the search button above. That being said I have worked for them in the past as well as had them work for me, their Enligh is great and they know their stuff. They have some great server admins and they reacted fast to all my problems as well as helped secure a couple servers.
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

Thanks for the reply..... I've been searching the forums for awhile and stiill can not find an average response time to support tickets or an average response time to server admin type questions... If anybody cares to shine some light that would be greatly appreciated

I too will keep things limited due to respect for the company, however would certainly agree with bwb in regards to their swift responses, and quality support. Their English is also very clear, and they seem very willing to help. I use them particularly for administration help and have nothing to complain about. I'd certainly recommend them.

Originally posted by 2HostUNow
    Thanks for the reply..... I've been searching the forums for awhile and stiill can not find an average response time to support tickets or an average response time to server admin type questions... If anybody cares to shine some light that would be greatly appreciated
    You might also want to contact them and ask for someone to talk to who is using them, then you can ask your questions directly and although they are choosing who you are talking to this will be a bit more hands on and you can enquire about response time etc.

Originally posted by bwb
    You might also want to contact them and ask for someone to talk to who is using them, then you can ask your questions directly and although they are choosing who you are talking to this will be a bit more hands on and you can enquire about response time etc.

Forgive me if I am out of line here,

But I just don't understand why it is so confidential about an outsourced companies ticket response time. To me, if I was running an oursourcing company that was going pretty good, I would love to see my users post here on WHT saying that my ticket response times are really fast.

Again, I may be wrong, and feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I just don't think a question about response times should be considered confidential..

Maybe if I rephrase two questions somebody can help me...

Would you say that Touch Support will response to support tickets that your clients make within 30 minutes or less?

Would you say that Touch Support will respond to your admin request within 30 minutes or less?

Hopefully somebody can share that info...I'm honestly considering them, but these two questions I would just really love to hear from actuall customers since they are soo important in my decision.

Usually people don't want to advertise they are using an outsourced support solution.

As mentioned before, I have just used them for administration support and they typically respond within 30 minutes or less, though I have encountered a few occasions where it has taken a little longer.

Their stats for the current month with us are (in minutes):

< 5 - 13.04%
    5 to 15 - 25%
    15 to 30 - 35.33%
    30 to 45 - 11.41%
    45 to 60 - 8.15%
    > 60 - 7.07%

So, about 40% are under 15 minutes, 75% are under 30 minutes, and 93% are under 60 minutes.

They had lots some of their better staff in late May, and were still recovering from that last month, so I'm not going to quote June's stats. Keep in mind these stats are only 5 days of sample, mostly over a weekend and including a holiday.
    Former owner of A Small Orange
    New owner of <COMING SOON>

Originally posted by timdorr
    Their stats for the current month with us are (in minutes):

< 5 - 13.04%
    5 to 15 - 25%
    15 to 30 - 35.33%
    30 to 45 - 11.41%
    45 to 60 - 8.15%
    > 60 - 7.07%

So, about 40% are under 15 minutes, 75% are under 30 minutes, and 93% are under 60 minutes.

They had lots some of their better staff in late May, and were still recovering from that last month, so I'm not going to quote June's stats. Keep in mind these stats are only 5 days of sample, mostly over a weekend and including a holiday.
    Thank you very much for sharing this info...honestly, thanks!

You mentioned something about last month being different than normal... Are you saing that last month they had some business problems which made their response times slower than normal, but this month they appear to be back on track?

Overall would you recommend Touch Support to others...?

Tim,

You spoiled my plan...

I created a simple support ticket on your site asking about a cron permissions, hoping that Touch Support would respond to the ticket so that I could measure their response time and to see how friendly they were, however I noticed that you responded.

However you did respond in 9:53secs which is VERY fast in my eyes! Seems like your keeping a tight rope on your support desk.

Oh well... Sorry to waste a minute of your time

Yeah, I do micro-manage from time to time
    Former owner of A Small Orange
    New owner of <COMING SOON>

Originally posted by timdorr
    Yeah, I do micro-manage from time to time
    Tim, any chance if I create another ticket with the same info and email you will let Touch Support give the response?

Tim, any chance if I create another ticket with the same info and email you will let Touch Support give the response?
    Remember that they probaly read the forums too
    When you ask them they should be honest about it, but yea i guess you need some reassurance.
    Good luck

Originally posted by The Napster
    Remember that they probaly read the forums too
    When you ask them they should be honest about it, but yea i guess you need some reassurance.
    Good luck
    Yeah, it's mostly for reassurance. I'm about to go with their dedicated admin for $99 month and their per domain support, so were looking almost $200 per month, so I need to make the right decision the first time.

So far Touch Support seems the top of my list.

A few other solutions I am looking at...
    actsupport.com
    rootsupport.com
    etechsupport.com

But so far I hear Touch Support is the best.

Well here is how my breakdown went for my test...

I asked a question about cron job permissions...

============================
    Created On: 06 Jul 2005 04:53 AM
    Their Response: 05:03 AM
    My Response: 05:06 AM
    Their Response: 05:31 AM
    Their Response: 05:38 AM
    ============================

Posted on 06 Jul 2005 04:53 AM

Hello,

When setting up a cron, do I need to change the permissions somewhere on my account? I am getting the following error...

/bin/sh: line 1: /usr/bin/wget: Permission denied

Thanks,
    Mike

Posted on 06 Jul 2005 05:03 AM

Mike,

If you are using this cronjob for a php script, you will not have access to /usr/bin/wget. This is disabled to due potential server exploits.

Regards,
    Brett

Posted on 06 Jul 2005 05:06 AM

Hello,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Is there another way to execute a cron job for a php script? This is used for an email parser for supporttrio

Thanks.
    Brett D.

Posted on 06 Jul 2005 05:31 AM

Mike,

I am not sure of all possible ways that you will be able to enable your php script. I will forward this ticket to our admin for further review.

Regards,
    Brett

Posted on 06 Jul 2005 05:38 AM

Mike,

Can you list the line that you are trying to execute in your cron? There may be a work-around we can suggest.

Regards,
    Jason H.
    System Technician

My overall rating : A+
    Average Reponse Time: 11 Minutes

I now know for sure who I will use for my server admin and tech support provider