Enom sub-accounts...protected??

Hi,

Just got subaccount from my ETP. I just would like to know, how secure that is. Let s say, we register 500 new domains with our
    subaccount, can our etp push our domains into his account, since he has control over his subaccounts?? Hopefully NOT

Thanks for your help...

PS. Tried to look this kind of threads before posting....

No, the parent ETP cannot push your domains. He only has view (read-only) capabilities on your account.

An ETP can still control pricing of domain extensions of your subaccount. Also as ETP has (read/look) powers over your account, he can report any extraordinary activity originating from your account, to Enom.
    Name123.com [ We are online Since 2004! ]
    Cheapest Domain Registration & Reseller Services!
    ENOM Domain Reseller Account with Lowest Industry Prices! (Details)
    Plus Excellent Technical Support Along The Way!

Is it a reseller or retail sub-account?

A reseller has fairly broad access to retail sub-accounts. The expectation being that they will need to be involved more in support to their retail customer....

A reseller has limited access to reseller sub-accounts.

If you have a reseller sub-account you will be able to create your own sub-accounts. I'd suggest making one that is a retail account and one that is a reseller account.... then use the link for logging in to those accounts (from the parent account's sub-account manager interface) to see the difference.

Re: Enom sub-accounts...protected??

Just got subaccount from my ETP. I just would like to know, how secure that is
    Very, just remember to change the password from the one originally assigned, and make it not to easy to crack - there are unscrupulous people who will attempt to steal from you.
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

I never understood how some people were able to offer $6.95 enom reseller accounts. How much were they paying enom themselves then??

Pre-2003, eNom allowed ETPs to create sub-accounts of any price even down to the ETPs cost ($6.95). The intent was for the ETP to be able to use it as a management tool for the domains under them. Some ETPs created hundreds of these accounts like user 001, user 002, etc. and sold these sub-accounts off for profit. Keep in mind though that from that point on the ETP made no more money off of the sub-account unless it was for another TLD that the ETP didn't drop the price on. This is what created the "black" market if you will on $6.95 sub-accounts. Since eNom removed the ability for an ETP to create anything less then a $8.95 sub-account the price of $7.95 and $6.95 sub-accounts rose. Simply supply and demand. Now, over the past two years there have been "glitches" that allowed unethical people to create sub-accounts below $8.95 and sell them off. Even employees of eNom creating and selling off accounts. Some have been caught and the accounts raised to $8.95, some were left alone. I'm probably missing something but I am sure another eNom zealot will come along and add or correct me.

Thank you for the explanation eSology!!

Re: Enom sub-accounts...protected??

Originally posted by NightStar
    Hi,

Just got subaccount from my ETP. I just would like to know, how secure that is. Let s say, we register 500 new domains with our
    subaccount, can our etp push our domains into his account, since he has control over his subaccounts?? Hopefully NOT

Thanks for your help...

PS. Tried to look this kind of threads before posting....
    nice stuff can be found here too http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=253715
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi