Godaddy is Super Abusive with Good Customers

Godaddy took my money and gave no Domain Name - Hard to get refund

This is a reply to a friend that says that I lack common sense for my struggle and fight to get my money back. The money that Godaddy took abusively without giving me anything in return.

From June 8 to July 2 I have tried to get my money back without success.

Jesse :

Thanks for your information. Thanks for help. But it is not so easy as it seems. I am outside the USA and a lot of regulations including the DEA ( Drug Enforcement Agency ) may cause trouble. It is a debit card that occasioned the problem and the methods that you know do not apply for an international debit card. There is no office or URL of Mastercard to apply to and the bank says that Godaddy has the ball and that they can not do anything.

My Executive account Manager at Godaddy Mr Joe Ebner told me that the error was uncovered. That it wasn't their fault but the "Payment Gateway" which is another corporation.

They have promised a refund, but I have waited since June 8 to the present date of July 2 and no money comes.

The office of the president has an irate employee that mistreated me and said that they suspended all communication with me.

How do you like it ??? .... they take my money, gave nothting in return and are so rude as to say that no communication is possible with me, even if I have been very polite with them.

I agree with this statement of yours :

"I have over 300 domain names and while I have a chunk at Godaddy I never register new names there. They have a history of problems and poor customer service. I expect one day a class action to take place against them."

I agree on the POOR SERVICE of GODADDY. I pray that an angry U. S. Lawyer, Attorney, Jurist or whatever endures the same loss that me of my honest and decent money.

I pray that the Angry U. S. Lawyer files a BIG CLASS ACTION against Godaddy for all their wrongdoings and their mistreatments of customers.

Godaddy is the utmost in BAD SERVICE and IRRESPONSIBILITY, and yes I am considering migrating to other services like the ones that you recommend :

Moniker.com

NameCheap.com

To People that are beginning to build and inventory of Domain Names :

Avoid Godaddy like the plague .... they take your money and laugh !! .... And you spend a century trying to get your money refunded.

This might not be true for American Citizens but is true for me.

You say that I am "really poor with common sense." but other methods and treatment applies to my case.

Vicente
    Forums : LactoGenesis.com ( BreastMilk );
    FASHYON.com : Fashion, Apparel; ENVYRONMENT.com : Trade & Nature

Sorry to read what happened. But you ain't the only one.

You mean you tried to register a domain using their system, they
    weren't able to get it for you, yet they haven't refunded you?

PM GoDaddyGuy here also. He's a direct contact with them.

I don't like them as well namecheap is good though they always have good service

godaddy rocks, i refuse to believe the lies

Originally posted by 3rdcoast
    godaddy rocks, i refuse to believe the lies
    You don't have to believe it but it doesn't mean that it isn't true. Just like any registrar they have their issues...and the ones they have mean that my business goes elsewhere.

You are outside the USA and tried to pay with a debit card? I don't think that's possible. From Godaddy's reply it sounds like the payment got stuck in a 3rd party payment gateway and Godaddy never recieved the money - and you didn't get the domain. I''m not sure how they were even able to debit your card. You are still out the money - can't Godaddy tell you who the payment gateway is?

Nothing but good things to say about them

Reply to Davezan :

Davezan, You said :

"You mean you tried to register a domain using their system, they
    weren't able to get it for you, yet they haven't refunded you?"

First :

I have bought thousands of domain names from Godaddy using a debit card from Mastercard, so this is possible.

This is the second time that this happens, so there is a fundamental failure in Godaddy's programs. The first time they denied the debt during 5 days. And later refunded it.

The Godaddy screen fails when buying and the money is lost. There is no domain name for you. This is a random error.

The fact that someone has bought domain names from Godaddy without experiencing the error does not mean that the programming bug does not exist. It is a random bug.

What is very Anti Customer, Disrespectful and BAD SERVICE is that Godaddy does not hurry to refund my money. This problem has been running from June 8 to July 3 and there is no refund yet.

They denied the debt for 10 days, until Joe Ebner ( a nice guy inside Godaddy ) acknowledged the error.

While they don't refund my money then this has the same effect on me as thievery or any scam.

A guy in Godaddy's presidency was mean and rude to me and said he stopped all communication. I was very polite. I think that customers have a right to claim for their lost money.

They take your money and stop communication.

Last : Procedures for American Citizens paying with a credit card do not apply to me or to foreigners that are in a similar case to me. They should beware of Godaddy's poor programming and worse service.

Vicente

Godaddy's had my business for the last 4 years, and I've never had a issue.

I also have had some bad suprises from godaddy!
    They are very poor at first lavel support, they only check the basic problems, and if your problem is more serious you can find your self without support at all, until they they resolve to to look into it more deeply. Wich could take a week or 2!

I was more than a week with my website down and still it's not funcioning all like it's supposed to be! Changes like removing frontpage extentions lockup!

I never said anything about godaddy's hosting, only name registrations..

Reply to Johnny Martins :

Johnny :

You said :

"I was more than a week with my website down and still it's not funcioning all like it's supposed to be! Changes like removing frontpage extentions lockup!"

I tried Godaddy's Hosting for 50 days and it was the greatest mistake of my life. These guys were absolutely useless in Support.

They do not know this trade of PHP, MySQL, etc ....

The Home Page took 2 or 3 minutes to load ( many times ) for a baby phpBB Forum that had almost no users and was a starter.

These guys of Godaddy had my site down for 7 or 8 days and they were so Naughty, Brazen, Rude or Ill Behaved as to tell me that I was not a customer of them !!

Later they corrected the NON-CUSTOMER statement.

A corporation that calls a paying customer a NON-CUSTOMER is in the last extremes of chaos and anarchy.

There is no graver answer in Support that saying :

YOU ARE NOT A CUSTOMER FROM US !! So you have no rights with us !!

I don't know why I spent 50 days with this ABSOLUTELY USELESS WEBHOSTER.

They even suggested that I went into the most expensive Godaddy's alternative if I wanted good performance and reliability.

Can you believe that ???

When I moved to Beachcomber.net all problems were solved instantly and I have found courtesy, kindness, politeness and THE WILL TO WORK AND SOLVE PROBLEMS.

CheapBW.com has been perfection, excellence, speed, perfection with many websites of mine during 4 years. Exactly the opposite of Godaddy that is useless and that means death for the Webmater and his site.

The same vices of Web Hosting ( or much worse ) exist in Domain Names.

I think that the MONEY OF THE CUSTOMER SHOULD BE SACRED, HOLY, BLESSED and TABOO. !!!

THE CUSTOMER'S MONEY IS NOT TO PLAY FOOLISH GAMES OF DENIAL AND DELAYS !!!

And not to play this game of not returning the money for almost a month.

The corporation that proceeds like that is very irrespectful of the customer.

Vicente Duque

I have had a lot of good experiences with GoDaddy. They've never gipped me or ripped me off. Still, I prefer Namecheap just because of their user interface.

Go Daddy is a great company as long as you stick to buying domains....The other business they have gone into have had less than great reviews.

But for domains, I have been with them for a very long time and they have always treated me and my customers very well.

Vicente Duque:

Do not file a complaint to Godaddy. Go to your bank and ask some assistance. The issue you have happened to me once in Enom's RegistryRocket reseller link. There was an error happened. I was charged 3 times i think for one domain i bought. I made a Letter of Dispute to my bank. I was refunded in a few weeks/months.
    He who hates correction will die. --Proverbs 15:10
    Jeffrey's Cute Blog | My stockphotos and illustrations

From what I've read on WHT here, GoDaddy seems to be harder to deal with if you are outside the United States. Especially with credit/debit card problems and abuse allegations.

Personally, I just hate the whole barrage of advertisements just to register a domain (an exaggeration perhaps).

Vicente Duque... I am confident that you WILL get your money back eventually from GoDaddy. But, perhaps, you should consider changing registrars now.

I have found that if you do enough transactions, every registrar will probably screw up. It's the response you get when the ball is dropped that determines whether you still want to play ball with that company.

Good Luck!
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

Answer to Jeffreyw

Jeffreyw :

Thanks for your help and interest.

This is not so simple as it seems. The bank tells me that they can not do anything unless Godaddy refunds. As I told in previous posts I am not under the same system as an American Citizen with a credit card. Please see my posts carefully. This is not the common case.

If I lost my money in a Godaddy Screen then Godaddy should do something. Instead of being rude like the guy at the Presidency of Godaddy that said that he denied all communication to me. Even if I was polite.

My case is different and subject to the more terrible bureacracy including controls on Money Laundering.

The amount of money lost is negligible ( only 9.20 dollars ) but the issue here at hand is whether a corporation can be so olympic and so irrisponsible with the money of the customer.

I am not going to sit down and see how my money goes to a black hole that sucks but not delivers.

This has the same effect as thievery or any vulgar scam as long as Godaddy does not refund.

Don't you think that one month is too much for a refund ???

Don't you think that Godaddy is reckless ???

Don't you think that another citizen of my own country ( Colombia ) can also lose money with Godaddy. And probably citizens of other countries.

Then I suspect that if you pay with a credit card and you are a citizen of the USA then you are protected by laws and procedures. But if you happen to be a foreigner and you pay with a debit card then beware. That is my case.

The Big Issue here is this :

Should a customer be treated like that ???

I should complain to the FBI and the Federal Trade Commission.

Thanks again.

Vicente

Reply to 4solutions

4solutions :

You said :

"From what I've read on WHT here, GoDaddy seems to be harder to deal with if you are outside the United States. Especially with credit/debit card problems and abuse allegations."

Answer :

Yes friend, it is like you say. It should not be so. And I trust the U. S. authorities to force these people to act in a honest and decent way.

Vicente

Although I am not a big Godaddy fan they are not a mom and pop operation. I am sure if you follow the proper channels they will resolve your issue
    Domain Maven

Originally posted by dmaven
    Although I am not a big Godaddy fan they are not a mom and pop operation. I am sure if you follow the proper channels they will resolve your issue
    I agree with you on that point
    * Losers make excuses - winners make it happen *
    The only way to discover the limits of the possibilities is to go beyond them into the impossible.

Reply to Disgruntled

Disgruntled :

Thanks for advice on Better Business Bureau.

After almost a month ( June 8 to July 6 ) I still don't get any refund. ( $9.25 )

I think that I am going to write to the authorities that control Godaddy.

This is really very UGLY. And it has happened twice. The first time they returned the money after many Godaddy's denials and waste of my time.

So there is trouble with Godaddy's "Payment Gateway" as they call the outside corporation that helps them.

Thanks again

Vicente