* Server keeps going back in time!*HELP!*

Hello. My site (YFZCentral.Com and Z400Central.com) has been freaking out the past 2 days. Here's what its doing: 2 Days ago, my forum somehow reverted itself to what appeared to be a backup. I had posts missing from 6/24/05 to 6/29/05. I contacted my hosting company, and they said no backup had been run or anything, they were stumped. Then later that day, the site went back to normal. All posts were there from 6/24/05 to 6/29/05. Then yesterday, it started the process over. And today, users have been saying it keeps going back and forth. Posts gone, post back, post gone, back..etc.

But its NOT just the forum I found out. I updated the index.html page last night, and today, it's back to the old version.

Anyone have ANY idea??!?! Please help!! this is driving me nuts!

Still nothing new from my hosting company. This is really pissing me off!

You're best contacting your host; it sounds like your data is being read from multiple mirrored resources which aren't syncing right, sometimes you get the new stuff, sometimes you don't.

I think his host is ServInt, so I don't know what you mean about mirrored resources, jsw.

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Hey,

Ask your host if they moved you to a new server and still have your account on the old one. It sounds to me like you have two servers and for some reason your nameservers will sometimes take visitors to the new server and sometimes take them to the old (maybe one NS is pointing to the new and one pointing to the old).

I've had weird things like this happen when an old server still has an account on it and for some reason visitors end up there.

They said they didn't move me. I'm out of ideas! Arrggg

Is everyone seeing this? Possibly an ISP cache (rare)?

It does sound like someone is modifying your data and restoring backups though, what service do you have and with who?

Originally posted by elix
    I think his host is ServInt, so I don't know what you mean about mirrored resources, jsw.

-GSV
    Dan, as I said, he's with ServInt and has a VPS.

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

something misconfigured... 2 words new host

I have a ServINT VPS.

They don't know what the heck is going on, nor does it really seem like they're even trying to do things.

My choice? Guess it's a new host. Moving is such a pain!! *arg!*

Anyone willing to check my site out to see if they can figure things out? My AIM name is Dinan5 series

Thx