Modernbill V5 - Your thoughts

Hello,

Im a regular user of modernbill and have found it does the job exactly. My question is for other modernbillers. What features are you looking forward too most in V5, or what features would you like to see.

Im no way connected with modernbill, just wanted to know what peeps thought of it.

Chris

Well, there really isn't a solid release timeline yet, although there have been whispers.

I'd like to see more integrated support for dedicated servers myself.

Is there anything in particular that you're salivating over?
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at]cybexhost.com :: AIM: CybexH

The multi-currency will be great for me. Dedicated servers will be a plus for me too

Chris
    Affordable UK Hosting - 99.9% Uptime and 24/7 Support

Yes, multi-currency will be great, but it seems to me that there is a large potential for a variety of math related bugs/defects.

But I suppose we'll see, hopefully with a testable beta before they push v5.

Cheers
    CybexHost.com - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers
    ModernTweak.com - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services

I'd like to see them do better accounting... I.E. instead of asking for the cost for each plan, ask for the server cost to find net profit. There's also many other places where it could be improved, like providing facilities for graphing, and provisions for entering other expenses (like license costs, outsourcing costs, etc).

-Christian
    Christian A. Herrnboeck ([email protected])
    MonteCarloHosting :: Advanced, Web 2.0, Business Class Hosting Solutions
    Shared, Reseller, Cloud, and Dedicated Solutions
    Backed by the World's Most Advanced Systems

Originally posted by IH-Ken
    Didn't one of the MB staffers say they were shooting for a late Q3 early Q4 release?
    That's right, but previous target dates for other releases have been completely missed in the past

Even so, I don't think the above estimate was official, if I remember correctly, the target was from a forum post.

I hope they simplify the user interface and make it less complex

Originally posted by saltydog
    I hope they simplify the user interface and make it less complex
    I agree with this. MB is too complex for both the admin users and end-user customers.

Make it simple.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Wasn't PDF invoice support an 'essential' for corporate customers?

I got told they will push multi-currency support in August. Directly from the horses mouth..
    It's Scott!