planet - credit card problem ALERT

I write to highlight a potential problem for people with Planet servers; particularly those who have recently recieved 'card declined' emails.

Received email from plant - card declined when trying to take monthly payment; planet will disconnect servers in 5 days....

Knowing funds in place, I confirmed with my bank no problems with card - they said Planet hadnt even tried for payment.

Logged in to Orbit - my card details and billing address had been CHANGED to nonsense data. My card was changed from Visa to Amex, name changed & address from smalltown, Italy to Oregon, USA.

Given that you cant change card data directly, tis by request only, this suggests they have internal database problems. Awaiting response from Planet.

SO suggest any planet account holders check their card details online through the Orbit system.

I'm off on an a 3 week holiday soon - if this re-occurs during that, will come back to some unhappy disconnected clients.

That might seem like an issue where your account information was compromised ... not the planet
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

If you see that the details is wrong, you could log into Orbit and under the Accounting tab, select 'Credit Card Change Request', https://orbit.theplanet.com/nav_acco...e_request.html

You will be able to update your billing information including Billing Address and Credit Card Details.

Then drop Accounting a Ticket to say you got the Declined Alert and that you want to try charging with your details again. Tell them the previous info was messed up.

If you need to, have Sales do the follow up for you.

Eddy, Getting the billing information updated all straight forward, and have let accounts know etc.

My concern, and reason for orginal post, was how the details were changed in first place. If it happens again next month - and they disconnect in five days as promised in email- I will be on a beach somewhere blissfully unaware that my servers are disconnected.

Have asked Planet to forward me time, date,ip of person who submitted request; however highly unlikely account compromised from my end - any changes done through orbit are emailed to me etc. Without going into detail, the wording of name changes strongly suggest an internal database update gone wrong- if so, unlikely I am only one with 'updated' card/ billing info.

Given 4th July approaching, someone in US might get affected by above much sooner; hence my suggestion that planet people should check their details .

Yeah mine got declined too but no data was changed.
    (Incidentally I changed my adress on the creditcard, but that wasn't the cause of the decline)

Fortunately it seems fixed though.

TP/SM said that they were having some problems internally and that some customers got a card declined. They seem to have fixed them and most affected customers appear to have been charged correctly now.

Doesn't instill too much confidence in their billing department, but at least they were on top of it pretty quickly.