Just the box running windoes 2003 standard up to $50

Hi
    I am a programmer and I need the server for:
    1- my web applications beta test
    2- host my personal web sites on it (about 10)
    I do not have any plan to sell web space so I dont need any thing ( like control pannels or .. ) to be installed on server, and I want the price to be under $50 (my budget)
    I have searched a lot and found some kinds of cheap servers.
    any sugestions ?

Get a windows VPS - try www.carpathiahost.com or www.fluidhosting.com
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

I cant use VPS I need to install some stuff on the server and configure it as I need, one of my applications that I am testing is a hosting controller written in .NET and I have some services to run on the server.

Originally posted by neonima
    I cant use VPS I need to install some stuff on the server and configure it as I need, one of my applications that I am testing is a hosting controller written in .NET and I have some services to run on the server.
    do you have broadband connection? build a box and use your dsl/cable to host personal stuff.

thanks but for many many reasons I need the dedicated server,now I do not live in us and I cant have broadband connection here.

VPS ... u can run your own services
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

ok I will search for VPS also, I viewd the your links, culdent find their windows VPS.
    but I want in this topic your suggestions about dedicated servers please.

$50 for a Windows Dedicated Server is probably not really going to happen. Some places charges about $20 additional for Windows License and if you take that out, $30 for a plain machine is not going to be possible to look for, not in this time and age.

I guess you might want to up your level or look for a shared hosting plan which would accommodate your needs ? What are your special needs anyways ?

Because Windows is more resource hungry, a reasonable Windows dedicated budget should start you off at about $99 a month at probably the lowest end now.

I found some servers at price about $40 to $60, but I dont know any thing about their companies, one of them was dinix and when I searched WHT I found a lot of bad reviews, I was wondering If any other companies provide some thing like that

Dinix doesn't seems to have dedicated servers for that price range, only VPS for that but they seems to be Linux based.

http://www.dinix.com/hosting/dedicated_celeron.htm

there is a 59.99 server and in the live chat with a 10% discount it came up to $65 with win2003 standard server. I am thinking about it as first offer

Updated:
    I forgot to say that I have seen lots of bad reviews about dinix VPS otage and data lose in WHT, and It wont let me to order the server so I came here for some help to make my mind.
    Last edited by neonima; 07-02-2005 at 06:25 AM.

any information about dinix dedicated servers quality ?