Best Under $35 Server

There is no better choice than Serverpronto. The price is $30+3.25%(Tax). + 70 setup fee.

Network:
    Their servers are located in FL. Transit via cogentco only. Ping is good: From datacenter grades machines in USA, the ping is between 30ms to 45ms. I tried pinging from California and New York to ThePlanet, TX, Ev1, TX, Savvis TX and ServerPronto FL, SererPronto is faster in most cases. If you don't trust my words, go to traceroute.org to see the results.

Hardware:
    AMD Sempron 2000+, sometimes, if you are lucky you got 2600.
    256M RAM.
    The package is much better than any VPS deals. NEVER NEVER NEVER go to those VPS deals. You should either go mega reseller, managed dedicated or unmanaged dedicated. VPS does not allow high CPU usages scripts.
    There are some sub $35 deals in the market, but they are either P3 or P2 CPU or 128M RAM. Serverpront is the Best Choice in sub $35 class.

Support:
    So far, so good. Reboots are with 30 minutes. 3 support guys actively help. 2 are pretty good and 1 seems more like a service person. They seem to mix their duties -- you will see the same guy answering your billing and technical tickets. If you are unlucky to get the service guy replying your questions, ask again. The more technical guys will help you.

Things to watch out:
    1 I heard their parent company Infolink is a mid size company. They are budget unmanaged dedicated providers. Many extra helps require money. So please read their fine prints before you ordering any extra services. ONE trick. If you have similar problems, DON'T open new ticket, because only 2 free tickets are allowed.
    2 Their OS are loaded - preinstalled with many packages - many are too cutting edge, like Mysql 5, PHP5, Apache2. They are bugfull. You should know how to uninstall those in your OS choice and install stable version packages - PHP 4 MySql 4 Apache 1.3
    3 DON'T order FreeBSD with them. Use CentOS 4. There are bugs in one of the FreeBSD NIC vr drivers. It is not fixable!!!. It is not a webmaster's duty to handle hardware to this extend.

Final points:
    Even though I am no longer using ServerPronto, because I am a FreeBSD lover, I still rank them as the best in $35 class. After I master CentOS 4, I will choose ServerPronto again. (CentOS4 stopped supporting VMWare hardware drivers, so I can not test the OS on my local machine. I always set up an extra duplica of the same configure locally on VMware to mess with before anything goes onto production server.)

Re: Best Under $35 Server

Originally posted by qllonceagain
    There is no better choice than Serverpronto. The price is $30+3.25%(Tax). + 70 setup fee.

Network:
    Their servers are located in FL. Transit via cogentco only. Ping is good: From datacenter grades machines in USA, the ping is between 30ms to 45ms. I tried pinging from California and New York to ThePlanet, TX, Ev1, TX, Savvis TX and ServerPronto FL, SererPronto is faster in most cases. If you don't trust my words, go to traceroute.org to see the results.

Hardware:
    AMD Sempron 2000+, sometimes, if you are lucky you got 2600.
    256M RAM.
    The package is much better than any VPS deals. NEVER NEVER NEVER go to those VPS deals. You should either go mega reseller, managed dedicated or unmanaged dedicated. VPS does not allow high CPU usages scripts.
    There are some sub $35 deals in the market, but they are either P3 or P2 CPU or 128M RAM. Serverpront is the Best Choice in sub $35 class.

Support:
    So far, so good. Reboots are with 30 minutes. 3 support guys actively help. 2 are pretty good and 1 seems more like a service person. They seem to mix their duties -- you will see the same guy answering your billing and technical tickets. If you are unlucky to get the service guy replying your questions, ask again. The more technical guys will help you.

Things to watch out:
    1 I heard their parent company Infolink is a mid size company. They are budget unmanaged dedicated providers. Many extra helps require money. So please read their fine prints before you ordering any extra services. ONE trick. If you have similar problems, DON'T open new ticket, because only 2 free tickets are allowed.
    2 Their OS are loaded - preinstalled with many packages - many are too cutting edge, like Mysql 5, PHP5, Apache2. They are bugfull. You should know how to uninstall those in your OS choice and install stable version packages - PHP 4 MySql 4 Apache 1.3
    I don't really agree that these are full of bugs, but to each their own opinion.
    3 DON'T order FreeBSD with them. Use CentOS 4. There are bugs in one of the FreeBSD NIC vr drivers. It is not fixable!!!. It is not a webmaster's duty to handle hardware to this extend.
    What version of FreeBSD were you speaking of? I have a FreeBSD 5.4 serverpronto box, and it does use vr for the network. I had some initial problems which I felt were temperature related, and had them replace the box; Now I'm wondering if it had to do with this network card. I was unable to find any current references in google to problems related to vr; could you provide any reference?
    Final points:
    Even though I am no longer using ServerPronto, because I am a FreeBSD lover, I still rank them as the best in $35 class. After I master CentOS 4, I will choose ServerPronto again. (CentOS4 stopped supporting VMWare hardware drivers, so I can not test the OS on my local machine. I always set up an extra duplica of the same configure locally on VMware to mess with before anything goes onto production server.)
    ---
    May this post be indexed by spiders, and archived for all to see as my internet epitaph.
    MikeSchroll.com

How many other $35/server companies are there? :-)

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

I was about to ask the same thing... how many <$35 dedi providers are there?
    bye

Originally posted by amps
    I was about to ask the same thing... how many <$35 dedi providers are there?
    Wow, I was going to say none, are there any? That is barely enough to pay for the electricity with costs this summer
    Like passive recurring revenue you can retire on?
    You focus on building your brand, we handle all support, billing, and more.
    Pressed.net - Start your own Managed WordPress Hosting Company

How many other $35/server companies are there? :-)
    haha.. that was my exact thoughts.. a $35.00 per month server? WOW.. if I only had to pay that much!
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service