Seeking Frisbee Golf Advice

So, tomorow I'm going Frisbee golfing with a few friends.
    To make it interesting, we each put in twenty dollars.

Being that I've never played Frisbee golf, nor any Frisbee game, I'm in a bit of trouble here.

So, how does one play Frisbee golf?
    Any tips, advice?

Thanks
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

I would guess its something like this game..

http://www.miniclip.com/discgolf.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disc_golf

Wikipedia strikes again! Personally, Disc Golf is a joke

Wow I have never heard of this before, do they play it in the US?

http://www.disclife.com/whatis.shtml

Originally posted by EH-Stevo
    I would guess its something like this game..

http://www.miniclip.com/discgolf.htm
    I got a 72

Looks like you just have to make it into the 'hole' which just looks like a basket a few feet above the ground. It also sounds like it works almost like golf, so you try to get to the 'hole' with the least number of throws.

I'm a fan/player of Ultimate (Frisbee) so I've had my share gaming with a disc in my hand. I've played disc golf with friends but was never at a formal field. We'd just set a small area where we had to get the disc to and just played it that way.

I guess the only tip I can give you is to go and make sure you find which throw will allow you to throw the farthest and which throw will be the most accurate. I've found the forehand flick my most accurate throw while the standard backhand throw my farthest travelling.

And.. higher doesn't mean farther, lower means less time in the air, and it's all in the wrist.

Originally posted by alpha
    I've found the forehand flick my most accurate throw while the standard backhand throw my farthest travelling.
    And you do these how?
    The only Frisbee through I know of is when you hold it on the edge, bring it towards your belly button, swing outwards, and let go.

Originally posted by jasong
    And you do these how?
    The only Frisbee through I know of is when you hold it on the edge, bring it towards your belly button, swing outwards, and let go.
    I think you're describing the standard backhand throw with the thumb on the top and four fingers underneath the disc... except I usually bring it toward underneath my left arm (throwing right-handed) for the distance and swing it diagonally away from my body and release as my wrist flicks.

The forehand flick is when I hold the lip of the disc with my thumb and index/middle finger, tilt my body at like a 30 degree angle to the right, and spinning the disc off of my fingers. My right arm is V-shaped when I'm about to throw this way and my body is tilted to the point that my elbow is almost touching my thighs (but doesn't). There really isn't a 'standard' way to throw this as I've found everyone has their own form they are most comfortable with.

Also Disc Golf (Frisbee is just a certain company) uses special discs, long distance onces that are heavy and putters which are softer and will stay in the goal better. Pretty cool game when you can get several people out there playing, also makes a great drinking game (wait, what doesn't????)

-Mat