Thread: Job

Job

I really wanted this job doing networking around the city with my uncle where he works. It turns out I can't do it because I'm 16 and will "blend in" with all the other kids who go to school there who have already f**ked up in life. The ones that are taken into the hallway and put in a headlock till they stop their crap.

Does anybody know the minimum age for working at Guitar Center?

Re: Job

Originally posted by Lightsky
    I really wanted this job doing networking around the city with my uncle where he works. It turns out I can't do it because I'm 16 and will "blend in" with all the other kids who go to school there who have already f**ked up in life. The ones that are taken into the hallway and put in a headlock till they stop their crap.

Does anybody know the minimum age for working at Guitar Center?
    Sorry to hear that, I did manage to find this for you.
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

You are old enough to work anywhere. You should be old enough to work there.
    You don't have to do what other people do. You can do what you want to do. You get the job and not let peer pressure bother you. You don't have to hang out with these kids at school. You could just go to do the job and get out of there at the end of working hour. But to be on the safe side, I would suggest that you find a different job that you like where there are type of people, who you wouldn't mind being around.

Originally posted by indiaberry
    You don't have to do what other people do. You can do what you want to do. You get the job and not let peer pressure bother you. You don't have to hang out with these kids at school. You could just go to do the job and get out of there at the end of working hour. But to be on the safe side, I would suggest that you find a different job that you like where there are type of people, who you wouldn't mind being around.
    Not true; there are lots of jobs that require you to be a legal adult (18) or sometimes even 21 (selling alcohol, etc.). I doubt you'll get a government job at 16. Start small.

Fortunately I'm around that age and have a job maintaining a company's Windows-based computer network, as well as provide the company's electronic communication services. Its all about who you know, like they say.
    josh

Not true; there are lots of jobs that require you to be a legal adult (18) or sometimes even 21 (selling alcohol, etc.). I doubt you'll get a government job at 16. Start small.
    Age for selling booze in michigan is 18. You can do pretty much any job when you're 18.

Age for selling alcohol in Wisconsin is 18 also. If you under 18 and someone wants to buy alcohol, you must have someone above 18 scan the alocohol.

Originally posted by indiaberry
    nooo...theres the "special" kids at the place I wanted to work. It's a church and a school for the bad kids who already fu**ed up in life. The boss says I can't work there because I will easily blend in with the kids.

I guess by **networking** you didnt meant running RJ-45 cables, ethernets, fibers, cat5es, setting LAN, WAN etc considering your other parts of post, right?

Originally posted by HenryJ
    I guess by **networking** you didnt meant running RJ-45 cables, ethernets, fibers, cat5es, setting LAN, WAN etc considering your other parts of post, right?
    Uhh...all kinds of cisco stuff & fixing everything for the city.