How to get help without releasing my code?

Hi,

I have an application that I have been design with chunks of open source and paid licence functions and modules that is going to acomplish something. I'm an experienced designer with a fair knowledge of PHP but I'm not a "Hard Coder" , I want to make some upgrades to my application but I don't want to release all the code to the programmer that I want to get the help from, how can I do that?

Most programmers will going to say that they need to see the code in order to help me out... any ideas?
    http://www.ciclonpr.com
    Web Design - Web Hosting - SEO Services

You could let them see tiny bits of code or you could explain in detail what's in the code without actually showing the code itself. If you want help updating your software but don't want to show your code, you might just have to do it alone because it won't be easy for anyone to help you without it.

Could you give out only the core of the code which the programmer would need? I don't know how much of the licenced software you're using, but would it be possible not to distribute that and still allow the programmer to do the work?

You should also make sure you have a signed contract which makes sure that the code already present cannot be used in any shape or form outside of the current code.

Its a tricky problem, your programmer will probably get frustrated if they only have half of the code. You could also encrypt the parts you don't want the programmer to access. Therefore they could use the code without seeing it. Just an idea.
    Scott - My Spiel

Just tell them the language, any applicable coding style/format you want them to follow, and the module/extension or routine/function, etc. you want them to create. Just explain what you want it to do based on what conditions or variables and how it should handle it, and maybe what you don't want it to do, if necessary.

You could let them see tiny bits of code or you could explain in detail what's in the code without actually showing the code itself.
    This was my best guess first and still is , I understand the other solutions but up to now this is the best one I think, do you have an url for those free scripts that will crypt only part of the page?

I already have a solution but in only crypts the whole file not part of it...

Thanks for the replies...
    http://www.ciclonpr.com
    Web Design - Web Hosting - SEO Services