Provider for Load-balanced Servers?

Hi all,

Kindly requesting some of your professional feedback and companies that could reliably provide the below :

Looking for two dedicated Managed Linux RH servers for high availability for a telco based platform.

Require :
    64bit architecture
    Private networking between servers
    Load balanced by (non hardware load balancer initially) then upgrade to hardware load balancer (may require rackmount type servers for hardware loadbalancer)

Mysql, Plesk, Tomcat, 2GB RAM

Raid 1 - Controller & Drives ~200gb HD'S

Optional : Centralized Storage for Mysql data

Later posisbly consider as we expand more servers in different data centers DNS'ed for higher availability.

Any alternatives to rackspace that come to mind?

Thanks and appreciate any feedback.

smsguru.

you might check out titled.net

pricey. but I think you'd be very happy with the service.

Just don't waste your time or money on ThePlanet.

Their hardware load balancers cost $599 setup plus $599 per month in addition to the 2 servers which will cost $500-$600 each.

Plus their support is horrible

You might look at:

http://www.ev1servers.net/english/hi...l_clusters.asp

They don't offer 64BIT on that much but, I'm sure they can offer you that if you e-mail them.

-GSV
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Have you consider colocating your equipment and getting a service contract? It will save you some in the long run.

Side note: 2hostnow - see you hating on The Planet and I agree but what do you pay them 600+ for + support for? - just ben wondering

In terms of load balanced - hit up Carpathia hosting, very solid company with 24/7 support
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

Originally posted by The Broadband Man
    Side note: 2hostnow - see you hating on The Planet and I agree but what do you pay them 600+ for + support for? - just ben wondering
    Hello,

I pay about $600 per month for one server and an additional $250 per month for the upgraded support.

I'm just really upset that some tickets go unanswered for for almost 60 hours, especially for someone paying the $250 for upgraded support.

I think The Planet has good prices for the servers, and a good network, but their support is lacking big time.

Again, sorry, just an upset customer

Looking for two dedicated Managed Linux RH servers for high availability for a telco based platform
    I'd probably go with Solaris over Linux given the choice; the telco industry is still one of the strongholds for Solaris. But that would severely limit your provider options, as few dedicated hosting providers outside of the high end (read expensive) managed service providers like Savvis, Digex/MCI, NaviSite, Inflow/Sungard, etc. support Solaris.

Load balanced by (non hardware load balancer initially) then upgrade to hardware load balancer (may require rackmount type servers for hardware loadbalancer)
    If you go the software load balancing route (Linux Virtual Server, Linux HA, Steeleye LikeKeeper, etc.), be aware the you'll need at least one other server (preferably two if you want a HA failover solution) to act as the load balancing director. It doesn't have to be a particularly powerful box though. If you want to cluster MySQL as well, that's a bit more complicated as you'll need application level clustering (unless everything is read only, which I highly doubt it is). You can either go the "shared storage" route or "shared nothing" route. The default MySQL Max distro includes MySQL Cluster, which is shared nothing approach. For shared storage you'll probably want to look at third party solutions (EMIC, LifeKeeper, RSF-1, etc.).

Later posisbly consider as we expand more servers in different data centers DNS'ed for higher availability.
    If this is a requirement (you won't be doing it now but your provider must be able to support this kind of expansion), I have a feeling this will severely limit your choices. I think DataPipe has this type of service; there probably are others. At that point you're probably better off going with colocation and doing it on your own, either with internal staff or a managed service provider that isn't associated with a particular hosting company. We have many clients that do GSLB, and the range of choices opens up considerably if you have somebody besides your hosting provider handle that. If that isn't an initial requirement, then you certainly have more options. I think somebody from Voxel.net posts here, and they have a Linux-based cluster/load balancing solution.

Thanks Lockbull and all.

Much appreciate your feedback.

Looks like collocation will be the path to take and have a managed service provider look after systems.

Does anyone know any service providers that could manage systems based either in New York area or preferably near London datacenters?

Once again thank you all for your kind assistance.

Regards
    smsguru.