NEED help very badly

Hey,
    I have server win2k3 and is running fine but just now on one of the websites that we have here everytime I wanna connect to it, I have enter user &passw info into the authentication box. Does anyone know how to fix that???

Not being rude or anything...but maybe you need a server admin? The description is to vague for me to provide any solutions. Be a bit more descriptive...
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

I have about 20 pages on the srever. They are all .asp. I will write what i did and what happen:
    I wanted to change one line in one of the files on one web. I copied the file to desktop,made changes(plain html), and copied file back to its original place. I refreshed page few times and it was ok. One minute later i open the browser tryed to open the web and authorization window poppped up. Since then i have been trying to fix it and i cant. If i put administratos user name and passw in Directory Secuirty in IIS in that web it lets me open the page without authentication but then its not secured at all.

nicpon,

The first thing I would do is check the permissions on that file. The Anonymous User or Internet Guest Account should have read rights assigned to it. This account is usually prefaced by IUSR_

If the account does not have read rights to the file then it is possible that permissions are no longer inheritable from it's parent folder.

Whatever you do, DO NOT use an admin user/pass for the anonymous user in the IIS settings.

Good luck and hope this helps.

You will need to resync the passwords. This is what happends allot in plesk.

Goto the users part of windows and set that password for the ISUR_ then goto the permissions part of ISS and put the same password.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated | Virtual Premium Servers
    Server Locations in: Dallas | Los Angeles | Singapore | Amsterdam

When you copied the file to the desktop, its permissions changed. Now you have copied it back to the web folder it needs to have the IUSR permissions re-applied.

Thanks guys for your replay. You were all right, well the folder had permisions but the file did not. Then i changed the pssword for IIS user restarted IIS and didnt work.So I changed the passwd again prohibited the service i ws running and then allow the services again,restart IIS and its working now. So in the future to avoid something like this to happen what should i do?? Login as IUSR or make changes on some other computer and then upload the file or logoin as admin make the changes and make sure it has the same permission as before for IUSR ??

Download the file via FTP, change it, then upload it - it will inherit the same permissions as the public web directory ...... or just edit the file where it is without moving it.

I cannot edit the file where it is right now because its makred read only. If i change it to read and write the same thing is going to happen probably. So i guess the best way is to set up ftp server. How about regular windows network share ??

Download a copy, completely remove from server, and re-upload fresh...without overwriting, since it's already deleted.

This should work?
    Ashworth Consulting
    Dedicated Servers / Reseller Web Hosting / Web Hosting
    Network: The Planet, TX