Avoid at ALL costs!

This host is constantly down, and constantly making up excuses for it. One of my email inboxes is FILLED with messages from for whenever the site goes down (which is quite often). Support is unresponsive at best, and usually quite rude. The seem like they don't know much either.

Today, the server is down again which is why I'm writing this (it's been down since 9am, it is now 3:30 pm.) This is an important issue, and thus far they have ignored support requests, only posting a message in their forum, the last message being at 11am. They claim a harddrive failed, and they are warning us they there might be data loss (this happened before with them) because obviously they don't know how to back-up. The prices and the packages are ok, but they aren't worth it.

Skip over them, and go to another host. Unless of course you want your site down all the time, and like dealing with plenty of problems.

On that note, im looking for another reseller hosting provider so i can dump eCRAPity.

Any suggestions?

Scotland, UK
    There are lots of other hosts all over the forums, just look in the offers sections.

There site seems to be up just now but is extremely slow to load.
    Server Management -
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: [email protected]

Their site is, and has been, up. One of their servers has been down since 9am ("Quasar"), and as of right now is still down. Talk about incompetence.

Castle Pines, CO
    I was with Hostway ( for about five years. I was very pleased with their services / support and uptime. You might check them out if you get the chance.

Originally posted by Corey Bryant
    I was with Hostway ( for about five years. I was very pleased with their services / support and uptime. You might check them out if you get the chance.

Thanks for this recommendation. Also, thanks for the warning Sprite, I'll make sure to keep away from their services. It's too bad that you have had all these problems with them. Do you think you will be able to get a refund?

New Jersey USA

It's unfortunate that you have experienced these type of trouble. I'm sure equivity care about their clients and are currently caught with a hardware/server issue. I would suggest waiting till them or your server comes back online and see what they might offer (compensation) to take the pain away.

Good luck!

Have you been having downtimes since you signed up with them or just past day or two?

I would recommend that you keep your options open, search for a new host (look in the shared and reseller offer section) and at the same time wait and see what happens with Equivity.

As eMax mentioned, maybe they are having hardware/server issues and trying their best to resolve them.

This has been an ongoing issue since I have been with them. There has been way too much downtime, and just issues that you would never have with a webhost who manages their servers properly.

18 Hours they were down. That is not only unacceptable, it's inexcusable. Not to mention that it took 36 hours to get things back to where they were.