Thread: New site

New site

We're shortly about to launch a new website and I would appreciate any comments you had about its design.

Link

We're still scraping content for a few pages, but there is enough up there to show what the finished site will look like.

Any comments welcome
    Scott - My Spiel

Not bad, not bad...

So, let's see here...

1. The site is a little wide - not really a big deal, but I would recommend you take the red column edges and make them more narrow. Perhaps 1/4 the width they are now.

2. The left "Navigation Menu" column looks wider than it needs to be. If you made it only as wide as your widest link (currently "Server Specifications") you could make the middle content area that much wider (see #3 blow)

3. The content area (center column) is pretty narrow. You may want to look into making more room there, especially because of other pages that have potentially a lot more content.

4. User Login Field. I would use a white background instead of the grey -- the grey matches the background so it doesn't really stand out. I think it looks odd that it matches the background - just my opinion, but even if not white, just something else.

5. The Header. It's very large, both in height and file size (520kb). I would shrink them (the two guys) to half their height (as well as the banner) and look at compressing that a bit - you can get away with lowering the quality value a bit without a noticable visual difference.

Not bad at all over all - I think with a little bit more work, it could turn out very well. Good luck with it!
    Something witty here...

nice design...8/10

Thank you both for your comments, will look at what can be done to apply those
    Scott - My Spiel

i think the site rox for anyone on a dsl /cable modem
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

The red is very eye catching!