How to upgrade zend ?

Hello,

I already have zend on my server. But according to a application i need to upgrade to latest version. Please tell me how do i go about it ?

I have root and SSH access to server. Also have CPanel/WHM. Please give me step by step instructions.

Thanks.

Okay, here is the steps;

1.) Create an account Zend.Com

2.) Choose the x86 distribution, and download it through your server. You'll likely want to be in the /usr/src/ directory while doing this.

3.) Run tar -xvzf zend.tar.gz (That's not the exact file name, but it's close ...)

4.) cd zend directory

5.) ./install.sh

At the installation screen, just run through the various screens. The defaults all are correct for your normal cpanel/WHM server.

Just as an additional note, I would suggest you make sure your OS is up to date, and that you update your version of cPanel/WHM.

Hi,

Thanks it worked like a charm. Can i delete the files i extracted and remove the folder that was created after extraciong files ?

Thanks.

After you install you can remove the tarball and the source folder, yes. But I personally make a note to keep the tarball around in say /root/sources so I know what I have installed from source at what version.