What happaned to rjcuk-hosting.co.uk?

My website that I host with them has been down for a week or so, and I check rjcuk-hosting.co.uk today and thats down too? have they made an announcement?

I've never really heard of that company before..but some steps you can take:

- Try emailing them
    - Do a whois look up on the domain and find a telephone number...try calling it.
    - Might be a good idea to start searching for another host.

A week's downtime without notifying clients is not acceptable...
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Never heard of them either, and the whois isn't very useful either (http://195.66.240.211/cgi-bin/whois.....co.uk&x=0&y=0)

Looks to me like another 'fly by night' host run by a 13 year old from his bedroom. I hope you have a backup of your site, as I highly doubt they'll be coming back anytime soon.
    Alasdair

Well, their domain looks like it is on a heart-internet reselller account, along with a couple of thousand other domains - so maybe yours is amongst them ?

You could *try* ringing heart and seeing if they could grant you access to your files, while you look for a replacement host
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Thank you guys.... you people seem real nice!

I have only been registered with them for 2 months!

I guess I wont get a refund?

Originally posted by MrQuik
    Thank you guys.... you people seem real nice!

I have only been registered with them for 2 months!

I guess I wont get a refund?
    I'm afraid a refund is very unlikely - how much did you pay? For your next host, you might want to have a read around these forums and choose one that is reputable & has been around for a number of years.
    Alasdair

Another strange thing, their 2checkout didnt work. I HAD to pay using PayPal.... Oh well, the guy in their live chat was a nice guy! lol....

That domain is a bit more useful

A quick whois (http://whois.sc/rjcuk.net) shows that their address and phone number is:
    RJCUK Hosting Limited
    22 Woodside Street
    Carrbrook
    Stalybridge, Cheshire SK153SB
    United Kingdom
    01457835186 Fax -- 01457835186

You might want to pick up the phone and call them.

You can also order the personal address of the companies directors from http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/68...0//compdetails for about $2, so it might be worth it
    Alasdair

companies house list the same address and a date of Incorporation: 02/02/2005

so they lasted almost 4months !
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Take a look at the following topic:
    http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=71062

Ok so they have given up!?

I was only with them for just over a month, what a rip off!

Hi

Well I was wondering that to. Someone using the email orders@ set up a new hosting account on our servers from rjcuk. Supprise Supprise not paid the bill and disappeared no contact.

However the account that was set up was eedahost.co.uk different name same story only 2 weeks since dissapearing
    DevilHawk
    MillionDollarServers