Ever heard of this gameserver company

Since everyone is writing about GSPs, I want to too

http://www.gameserverpimp.com/

Have yourself a laugh and read their site hehe
    ServGrid - www.servgrid.com - Affordable and Reliable SSD Cloud Solutions
    Premium 10G Network, 2(N+1) Powerplant and SSD Performance
    Web, Reseller, KVM VPS, Storage and Private Cloud Hosting
    Click here to see our SSD Benchmarks!

lol, I've seen that company before. They've been around for a while now and don't seem so bad -- apparently, they operate their own network. They make nice use of the Mambo CMS.

Ah, also seems they are somehow affiliated with Convergent Network Services, http://convergentns.net so it seems that they might run and own their own datacenter(s).

Nah - in Dallas its the planet and they get dedicaed servers off of tejm - they used to use ezzi etc - the owner is 16 if im not mistaken or 17

Well the site has been around since 03, so that makes for 2 years, if he started it at 14 or 15 and has kept it running this long then it's quite impressive none the less.

On top of that they may lease machines from ezzi, TP, etc... for extra areas, but the netblock of that site is owned by Convergent Network Services which does not lease space from ezzi or TP as far as I know.

Where are you getting your information from if you don't mind me asking?
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

If you spend enough time on gamesurge - you'll know.

I've been on Gamesurge // GamesNET since I was 14 - about 6 1/2 - 7 years now

Originally posted by The Broadband Man
    If you spend enough time on gamesurge - you'll know.

I've been on Gamesurge // GamesNET since I was 14 - about 6 1/2 - 7 years now
    I've been on gamesurge for roughly two years or so now as well and I know how poor of a source of information it can be. It seems like this thread was created to bash their niche from the get go, I may be wrong but that's the impression I get, and then you start stating things about them that really don't seem to be true. Have you ever even had any experience with this company other than hearsay on IRC and what was the point to this thread if not to make the company look bad for no real reason?
    Mike from Zoodia.com

1) You've not bee on gamesurge to the same degree as I have ... or at least I don't think you've paid high level competitive gaming where you've tried many server providers and know whats going on.

2) This thread was to poke fun at the level of professionalism that they proport ... othing else

3) I have had personal experience with that company ... so has clans I've been in // hosted ...

so before you go jumping on me - get your facts straight

1) You've not bee on gamesurge to the same degree as I have ... or at least I don't think you've paid high level competitive gaming where you've tried many server providers and know whats going on.

2) This thread was to poke fun at the level of professionalism that they proport ... othing else

3) I have had personal experience with that company ... so has clans I've been in // hosted ...

so before you go jumping on me - get your facts straight
    I wasn't jumping on you, you're posting facts about a company without anything to back them up. Facts that would make somebody doing a search on the company not want to buy from them. In a case like this it's only fair to ask that you post where you got your information from as the owner of the company either isn't on WHT or hasn't found this thread.

If I was to post a thread about 151hosting.com claiming that the owner was a 13 year old that actually ran all the gameservers on celeron machines, surely you wouldn't want that on WHT. I am just sticking up for somebody that isn't here by doing some research of my own.

I am not involved in competitive gaming, but I know the amount of talk that goes on over IRC especially on gamesurge.

Poking fun at them is fine but posting items that would make somebody not want to purchase from them is a completely different thing. I had a laugh when I first went to the site, but if I was looking for a gameserver I would not buy from a company if I thought the owner was under age as I'm sure many other people wouldn't.

All I asked is how you came across the information you're posting here. If it is from IRC that's fine, but it should be in the thread none the less. If you've had personal experience as you say you have, and wanted to post a review of their services (be it a review saying they are the worst company you have ever seen) that'd be great as well. Put yourself in an outsiders shoes. If I was a GSP and I posted a thread about a GSP not on the forums and made some detering remarks, wouldn't you wonder what my motives were?
    Mike from Zoodia.com

1st of all - I would never make a site like that - IMHO, if you're running a professional business, unless it is the distinct nature of a business, that site is 100% inappropriate.

I won't comment on the rest of your arguments as I see where you're coming from except what I said above, I am simply poking fun at his site.

Also, I do know of how his server company is run as he used to sponsor a clan that I played for ... still does actually

there've been other threads like this for vsk and stuff, I don't see why you've picked this one to make an example out of me

1st of all - I would never make a site like that - IMHO, if you're running a professional business, unless it is the distinct nature of a business, that site is 100% inappropriate.

I won't comment on the rest of your arguments as I see where you're coming from except what I said above, I am simply poking fun at his site.

Also, I do know of how his server company is run as he used to sponsor a clan that I played for ... still does actually

there've been other threads like this for vsk and stuff, I don't see why you've picked this one to make an example out of me
    I'll appologize again as I wasn't trying to make an example of you. That's not the way I do things and especially not over a forum.

I agree to a certain extent with the way you feel about the site, not the route I would have taken either but if it works it works.

I haven't read the other threads about vsk or any others of this nature, I just happened to stumble across this one and felt the need to comment.

Enough of this though, I'll just unsubscibe and let the conversation carry on.
    Mike from Zoodia.com

Sorry - didn't mean to jump on you. Like I said, I agree that you have a point in the way you responded. I did not mean to "attack them" I was merely poking fun at the colors and wording on his site.

I guess this is a case where I made a call knowing facts that were not publicly known. I apologize for jumping down your throad so hastily but please know where I am coming from as well.

gameSURGE good stuff. Im always in #Paradigm. When im not at work.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

I actually kinda like the theme. It's not something I would be into but you have to admit in a world where most GSPs copy/paste the next guys stuff it is definately unique

Kudos to them.

I just realized ...

Game Server Pimp - is a play on the acronym GSP haha thats why they chose that - kudos to them. Plus its a nicely designed website.

It's at least got some cleanliness to it

We're in the same area as the gameserverpimp.com folks, and we're happy to call them customera, albeit on a small scale these days.

The owner is NOT a 16 year old kid. He's actually quite knowledgeable and seems to take good care of his customers.

As for infrastructure, I know they do some remote stuff in our place and in Dallas, but for the most part they are now running thier own network.
    The Gotham Bus Company, Inc.
    Colocation and Shared Hosting for Smart Webmasters
    Long Island, NY