Thumbs down Followup on iPower / iPowerWeb

This is a followup to a short rant I included in another topic a little while ago. I want to share this experience with everybody to hopefully save some folks from a horrible experience.

I volunteer for a non-profit organization that ordered two dedicated servers from iPowerWeb.com. The ordering and setup processes were excellent, but after a few weeks we decided that we could not live with the poor and oft absent "support" they provided. One of our dedicated servers was offline for three weeks before we could get a response from technical support. We decided to cancel within 30 days to take advantage of their "30-day money back guarantee."

Two weeks after our cancellation, we checked the bank account for the refunds. It was only then that we looked close enough to see that we were originally over-charged by $343. Additionally, iPowerWeb only refunded $590 of the $1149 we were charged. When I called and spoke with a representative, I was given the runaround and told that we wouldn't get the full refund because we, "used the service." They initially refused to honor their advertised guarantee. After 20+ minutes on hold, they agreed to refund our money and said it would post to our account within 5 business days.

That was on June 13. On June 27, I wrote to inquire as to where the refund was (I wanted it in writing this time.) It took them until TONIGHT (4.5 days) to finally write back and claim that the refund took place on June 6 (which was the original $590.)

We have since filed a complaint with the BBB (where I wish I had previously noticed that iPowerWeb has an "F" rating, see bbb.org) and with our Bank and Visa. Our bank has been great in refunding the contested charges and will be seeking money from iPowerWeb. Fortunately we had vigorously documented the entire process.

The long and short of it is: iPowerWeb is NOT a place where smart people do business. I'm glad I'm smarter now. I hope this experience will help others decide not to make this painful mistake. And if you don't believe me, check Google's 2330+ hits for the query, "ipower sucks".

In time, their reputation will catch up with them. Seems they will really screw over alot of customers in the meantime.
    Neosurge Web Services since 2002
    Neosurge VPS Hosting

Do a credit card chargeback @ the bank, very simple

Yea u used to be a NOT smart guy, u can do a search @ WHT first. I used to see many bad reviews about them....

They downright suck.
    Do a credit chargeback, the BBB can't do anything to refund your money.
    Make sure you give them an earfull too

Do they treat their shared hosting users that way too?

Yes. All their services are very bad.

2 Cents from me. I have had very good experience with iPowerWeb...in the past. As of the last 3 months iPowerWeb has gotten very bad.

Customer service is nearly non-existent and availability is extremely poor. They did not have battery back up during the recent L.A. power outage and I often have database connectivity issues (meaning the load is too high on the server). In fact, that is why I am typing this review at the moment. I am waiting for their server to lighten up so I can continue some development.

And yes, my client and I are moving the site so I am not just complaining... I am doing something about it.

I was a shared hosting customer of IPowerWeb years ago. They were ok back then, but their customer service and support was terrible.

Hi

just in short, now are about 3 mont when i try to get my money back.
    All the time they only mesing aroun.

Please, do not use ipowerweb. They service is horible and suport is super dump.

Sorry for my English.

Uhu.. they are worst. I had domain case with them (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=483428) and saw what they dont have support at all. Behold, they are another managed.com!(in their times) ;D
    Radijas internete - fm.lt - online radio stations, 400 best world radio station to listen with one click! !

i have an issue with them as well regarding unauthorized charges and no refunds
    Dating Revolution Method - Book on how to meet and attract women

ipowerweb is possibly one of the worst web hosting providers ever. FTP transfers were uber slow! Likewise with support! Always cutting my file storage limit to half what they promised! I was with them for a year and I will never ever use them again!

I've been using Siteground, not the best around I am sure, but a very good and honest budget host so far. Prompt support!
    Celestine Collins, Realising Doodles | MacTopsuit | http://www.celestinecollins.com/portal