Which is the better deal?

Ok, I have been checking out different companies for dedicated servers and would like to get opinions on which is the better deal.

I will not name the company but say that I have went with them in the past and they have proven to be reliable. Also, if anyone else feels the need to recommend other companies or offers, please feel free to do so!

(Managed) Intel Celeron 1.8 Ghz 400Mhz Bus
    Memory: 512MB DDR System Memory
    Storage: Dual 80GB Hard Drive w/Backups
    Transfer: 1,200 GB per month
    IP Addresses: 4 :: Free Fantastico Deluxe
    $150.00 Setup Fee
    $85.00 Monthly + $30 Monthly (cPanel) = $115.00

(Managed) Intel Pentium IV 2.4Ghz 533Mhz Bus
    Memory: 512MB DDR System Memory
    Storage: Dual 80GB Hard Drive w/Backups
    Transfer: 1,200 GB per month
    IP Addresses: 4 :: Free Fantastico Deluxe
    $150.00 Setup Fee
    $105.00 Monthly + $30 Monthly (cPanel) = $135.00

I have chosen the option of paying a Setup fee in order to reduce the monthly costs. (A setup fee is acceptable but not preferred.) This server will be used exclusively for my small business and is not for Web Hosting.

What do you think?

Thanks,
    Priest
    Last edited by Priest; 07-01-2005 at 12:30 AM.

Did you check Layeredtech.Com? They have very affordable and powerful servers but please note it is unmanaged.

and welcome to WHT! :-)
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

If those are your choices the $20 dollars extra month for the 24 is much better server then the celeron 1.8, IMHO

If you're not reselling web space, what are you paying for cPanel for? (Honestly an ignorant question... I just haven't liked what I've seen with any [other] management apps, because they seem geared towards reselling.)

I too would choose the Pentium IV for the extra $20.00/month. I'm not really a big fan of Celerons as I've had older desktops that ran on them with sub par performance.

The host that you've extracted those deals from to has a very nice site layout. They seem pretty reliable too, judging by their Server Status page where everything is green (let's just hope that's real-time and not a static page ).

Thanks for the replies.

c77m
    I will not be web hosting but I prefer cPanel basically because I have not used other management apps. I like the ease of being able to simply login to cPanel and modify many different settings, forwards, autoresponders, etc. I don't know if it's worth the extra $30, but it's all I know.

CyanoX
    Yes, I have had a reseller account with them for for the past 2 years (that I only use for my own personal sites), and I can confirm their up/down with downtime, their support has been good and their prices are good. Importantly, I can see that they are trying to correct problems that they encounter. I am considering giving them a try and hoping that their Dedicated service has much fewer downtime along with faster speeds.

That's why I wanted opinions about the deals. Is the second system worth the extra $20, do I really need dual HD's if I'm only hosting my own sites, etc?

Thanks,
    Priest

I would definetely say the 2.4GHz,

Do you need dual 80GB HDD's? You could probably save some money with just one.
    We do web hosting on the cloud. And we do it well. | catsnine.com