Is Ethiopia a country common for fraud?

Is Ethiopia common for fraud like Nigeria, Russia?

2. Hi,

That is really good question.

Yes, that are the coutries have 99% fraud rate.

and also you will often receive emails from them to do wholesale order with you, and lied to you they will send wire transfer to your bank account, but they can only transfer a large amount, so what is end, they want you transfer real money to their account for change.

Right now, still some people and some companies got trapped by those ways.

Simply don't do business with them unless you have been there before.

I would say yes.

Originally posted by seanwangdesign
    Hi,

That is really good question.

Yes, that are the coutries have 99% fraud rate.

and also you will often receive emails from them to do wholesale order with you, and lied to you they will send wire transfer to your bank account, but they can only transfer a large amount, so what is end, they want you transfer real money to their account for change.

Right now, still some people and some companies got trapped by those ways.

Simply don't do business with them unless you have been there before.
    About this wholesale scam!

If they transfer the money into my bank account the money is there right?

Hard cash?

there is no way it can be sweep out?

wire transfer = hard cash

joephill,

I believe seanwangdesign was saying that they usually promise to transfer large amount of cash to your bank account, but to do this they need aprox 5% up front so they can arrange the whole matter.

Most of recipients of such scam emails understand that this is just a fraud. But statistics show, that some people are falling for this and as a result transfer money to crooks hoping to receive what they've been promised.

If you want to know if any country is considered to be fraudulent just check PayPal's and 2co's country's lists, if they don't process there, the country is fraudulent, simple as abc

Originally posted by Sidorino
    If you want to know if any country is considered to be fraudulent just check PayPal's and 2co's country's lists, if they don't process there, the country is fraudulent, simple as abc
    I think you put this a bit to general. I for example have highly respected clients from Barbados and that is a PayPal unsupported country.

but Barbados is a very nice small island! offshore heaven

thats why paypal may not process there!!

oh thanks god! Cause I have been receiving some offers for resale latelly but I say I can only accept Western Union and Wire Transfers.

I actually tought you were going to say that wire transfered money can be swept out of the bank account

Also I read a lot about these nigerian scams so I know this thing about sending money up front. Lets think straight: what type of serious business person would ask money to send you a transfer goods?