Question About webhosting from home

I want to know if I have strong PC in the house and 2 MB line then how many people can go in my site in the same time?
    I am hosting in Yahoo right now and I have over 100 members online all the time and its make the site very I think on few possibilities.

Your 2mbps line has a fixed IP ? If you have over 100 members online all the time I wouldn't consider hosting your web site at home! If it's growing, think of a serious web hosting solution or think about renting a dedicated server but the hosted at home solution is probably not a good one. Just my opinion.
    :: Martin Leclair
    :: Linkedin Profile

In general, home connections have a great download but a poor - mediocre upload speed and when you are acting as a server, the upload speed is what matters, not to mention the fact that the provider generally prohibits you from running services from home.
    James Lumby

Downers Grove, IL
    Redundacy is another concern, and with 100's of users on at once, you're ISP is bound to notice (it's most likely against their TOS to act as a 'public internet server').
    SolidState - Open Source Billing Solution for Web Hosts

Hostingat home never seems to be the good idea mainly because of the speeds. I host my own site at my house well its only one of them that i do and i just use it for my self to send files arounf when i go to like school or friends places so thats realy about the only thing in my opiion that i would host off of a home server!

New York.

Running it from home is really extremely unreliable for a popular or business website. If you really care about the site you would pay money for hosting. Taking the cheap way out will lead to more problems down the line.

I don't think I've found an ISP around my area that allows for hosting of servers.

I have FIOS from verizon and it is against TOS to do so.

Best of luck! Home of Generous George the Red Monster.
    24/7 Live Chat Support - 99.9% Uptime - 30 Day Money Back Policy

Thumbs up Thank you all

Thank you all for the advice.