going FREE, advices needed!

Hello, due to several very personal reasons I decided to turn my host free... at least part of the server will be dedicated to free hosting...

Could you give some advices regarding this issues:

How can I add banner to free accounts? is there any auto script to integrate with WHM and add banner frame or script to any page on FREE accounts?

And, what autopilot software do you recommend for free accounts?

Thanks... ~ SAB
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 06-30-2005 at 06:40 PM.

My suggestion will be less technical but I hope it helps you a little

Be sure to be strict about your tos even if you have just a few customers.

it is a big mistake that most of the directors in web hosting biz tolerate some illegal websites if they have only a few websites hosted because they simply don't want to lose a customer.

however, having no customer is better than having a bad customer.

i wish you good luck in your business
    About-Webhosting
    Everything you need to know about web hosting business..
    Realible and low-cost web hosting..
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee & Paypal Accepted

atshosting
    Thanks! I'll consider that...

Re: going FREE, advices needed!

Originally posted by sandrodz
    Hello, due to several very personal reasons I decided to turn my host free... at least part of the server will be dedicated to free hosting...

Could you give some advices regarding this issues:

How can I add banner to free accounts? is there any auto script to integrate with WHM and add banner frame or script to any page on FREE accounts?

And, what autopilot software do you recommend for free accounts?

Thanks... ~ SAB
    dont know how it's very personal reasons but ok.

http://www.xpanel.com
    http://www.ihostdev.com (better than xpanel)

Install mod_layout/mod_rewrite

Camp2Win
    thanks!
    Personal reasons, because, my studio asked me to do that... it's not my host u know, it's a buss host and it was selfish from me to turn it into a paid host, we are friends in the design studio, but still... I feel like a cheater, so turning host into a free one, will be an outcome... space won't be lost in vain, and people will be satisfied...

thanks

Hello, sandrodz

I think adding free hosting is a pain in the neck. I tried that before and I started to get fake infos , people trying to hack the systems especially from china. I could;nt belive all the junk that I was getting from people, all I know make rules and more rules because there will be people trying to get more than 1 account sometimes even 6 account with fake info for free. I the end I ended up charging a 25 cent refundeble for those accounts, That made the people put there real infoormation for the free account and stop all that trying to hack my systems for free account.

Good luck !

productive
    now that's an input! thanks, I'll have to consider that! chargin small fee is an idea...

In my opinion offering free hosting if you don`t have your own DC is impossible. Your servers will get suspended and cancelled all the time.

thomas.smith
    you didn't get it... it's my studio's server

Hm... if it is under your sole physical control it may work...

sandrodz

You know what was so crazy too, one of my ads that I post here a while ago for the free hosting ended up overnight all the way in china and beyon even one of my pictures of my site was in a china forum.

NOw I call that lighting speed advertising ' lol

Good luck with all !

To add the ads, won't work, as your on a reseller plan i think sandrodz

If not, there are a few apache mods that allow you to ad ads, and *apparently* you can also do it using httpd.conf

Eoin
    thanks, you are always right... I just found the way to hack my apache so it will isert html header or footer automatically.

hi, Eoin

Where can I find ifo on how to do that with ads ?

Thank you.