seeking unmetered low cost Windows server

I'm seeking for an unmetered (not unlimited) bandwidth windows server. 1.5mbps unmetered to 5mbps unmetered are fine. 10mbps unmetered with low cost would be interested as well.

Any suggestions for the control panel which most of the client sites would need MSSQL or MS Access databases and Email configurations.

i would recomnd

http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/dedicatedservers/

Use Plesk or Cpanel
    Luke Bailey
    Wittering PC
    www.witteringpc.co.uk

Hivelocity has 10mbps unmetered servers on their value non-bgp cogent network.

http://www.hivelocity.net/Plans/Dedi...unmetered1.asp

Originally posted by twmonline
    i would recomnd
    http://www.fasthosts.co.uk/dedicatedservers/
    Use Plesk or Cpanel
    I presume this is a joke? Have you checked the "size" of the "pipe" that Fasthosts offer?
    Chris at TDMWeb.com
    Windows & Linux hosting and fully managed dedicated servers with great customer service!
    UK-based but serving the world...

there no joke. They are one of the best server systems i have ever used!
    Luke Bailey
    Wittering PC
    www.witteringpc.co.uk

512 Kbps isn't an enough bandwidth even for a VPS. I have several small sites hosted on 1.5mbps pipe VPS. But I wouldn't host big sites on a VPS. I rather host them on my dedicated server.

fasthosts.co.uk offer is not suitable for me. It's 512 kbps and charging 59 GBP (around 100 USD). I rather choose ServerMatrix if I have to choose for the metered plan. EV1 offers are also not so bad.

But my current budget is under 80$ (including for the control panel) for this new windows server. VPS is fine too. I do not need more than 10GB of storage on this server due only a couple of ASP sites will be hosted on it. Unmetered (not unlimited) bandwidth option is critical in order to assure no bandwidth overage issues occur when DoS happends.

1GHz~2GHz Celeron Processor, 20GB~40GB Hard Drive, and 512MB Ram would be enough for my current needs. Unmetered bandwidth is a must. Acceptable capped bandwidth options are fine above 1.5mbps.

May I ask what's wrong with a metered plan? 1000 GB is equivalent to about 3.1 mbps if used 24/7. If you plan to have bursts during the day and slow downs at night then you might want that extra burst to offer a higher speed. Your choice though, best of luck.

try Server4Sale.com, they have some good offers at around $80/month and they are quite good.

Originally posted by JHosts
    May I ask what's wrong with a metered plan? 1000 GB is equivalent to about 3.1 mbps if used 24/7. If you plan to have bursts during the day and slow downs at night then you might want that extra burst to offer a higher speed. Your choice though, best of luck.
    Normally, the sites hosting on that new server will not have much traffic. The only thing I am aware is DoS cases. It could be fine even with a 500GB bandwidth limit for the sites hosted on it. But I need to assure there's no bandwidth overage costs occur when DoS happend. That's why I need a capped bandwidth with same monthly bills each month. According to my other server's traffics, the highest daily bandwidth usage ever reached was just around 1GB or 2GB only. But when DoS happends it reaches more than 10 times of usual bandwidth usage. And if the evil have enough drones to DoS the server at gigabit packets, all of the bandwidth quota would be used up within a few hours before somebody notice and nullroute the packets.

Originally posted by Ricardob
    try Server4Sale.com, they have some good offers at around $80/month and they are quite good.
    It sounds interesting. But after adding the operating system and the control panel fees, the cost reaches above the budget.

Cel 2.4: 84.95$
    Windows 2003 - Web: 14.95$
    Control Panel: 21$
    Total: 120.90$ (99.9$ without control panel)

Cel 2.4: 84.95$
    Windows 2003 Standard: 24.95$
    Control Panel: 21$
    Total: 130.90$

Another fact is the control panel price is mentioned for cPanel only. No other control panel is mentioned for Windows.

I prefer having a dedicated box or vps with the budget under 80$ a month (including the server, os, control panel fees).

anyhow, thanks alot for the kind suggestion.

I whould say http://2host.co.uk/dedicated.php they are a great company,

Fasthosts aint worth the tilet paper they are wrote on, They will ripp you off the first chance they get, They did me, Taking money out my account when i canceled hosting with them 1 1/2 months before they took the money,

Managed.com maybe cheap but thier service is slipping,

Servermatrix, Been hearing good and bad stuff about them bt yea they might be a good company

Dexxa, thanks for the suggestion.

Fasthosts doesn't seem like a perfect host even though I never have been hosted with them yet. Just seeing they offer 512 "kbps" for the "dedicated server" and I could understand how they would rip one off.

Managed.com have been commented alot here for their poor or almost zero support.

Servermatrix, yes, it is with both good and bad stuffs but it's a nice company.

And I'm still looking for Unmetered (Not unlimited bandwidth) low cost windows VPS or Dedicated server.
    Windows Reseller Plan will do too. ASP and ASP.NET support is a must.