I have several domains that I want to point to a single domain with content on it.
I typically do this with a simple redirect. However, I noticed something interesting today when I tested the domains that are pointing to my main domain.
Let me give you the full picture so that you know all that I know about the situation!
My main site is tyreeonline.com
I have 3 other domains to point
(I apologize for not posting actual links...the forum says I can't until I have posted 5 times)
I already had matttyree.com on my server and had a simple redirect for it pointing to tyreeonline.com. That worked fine...BUT...I then added the two .net domains to my server. I then tested all three. Matttyree.com simply did the redirect and the url read tyreeonline.com. However, with the two .nets, the url read matttyree.net and tyreeonline.net but the full content of the site was there, it just had the different domain name.
I can only guess that I somehow had that set up ahead of time BEFORE I added it to my server because shortly after I added them to my server it has stopped doing this accept for the index page. When you click to enter the site you get a 404 error. But it definitely was behaving perfectly at first with just the different domain. I disable hosting for tyreeonline.net...so THAT domain behaves as I want them all to behave...no 404...just the different domain name in the url.
Basically, I LOVE the way that worked with the domain name changing and the content remaining.