Thread: muzzleflash.biz

muzzleflash.biz

Putting up my sketches for navigation as a placeholder / imagemap until I finish the design. I'm actually wondering about making a full hand drawn 'sketch' website..

my design philosophy, by the way is:

whitespace is life
    professional and unique is the goal look
    Icons. I love icons.
    Got to get a logo and generate a BRAND that ties with the design.
    So far I have not needed to make 31 posts thanks to the search function.

All I could get to was the homepage, which was good, but that's all.

I like the placeholder and if that's any indication of what your finished site would look like, it will certainly be unique. I guess it's really hard to say at this point since you don't have a working example up, but I'd be anxious to see your final project.

Best of luck!

My question is- would a handdrawn navigation system turn out alright? I wouldn't subject readers to a 100% handwritten site, but for navigation and layout it seems like a cool and unique way to have things organized *exactly* the way I want without paying a designer to do graphics that look professional. I would hand-make some animations for each section you click to (stick figure dances on mouseover, hosting server has the bars twinkle, magnifying glass has an eye appear in it, etc)

I guess I better get good at slicing images, because I've read a lot about how that can be really cruddy and html heavy.
    So far I have not needed to make 31 posts thanks to the search function.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzzleflash
    would a handdrawn navigation system turn out alright?
    I quite like the handdrawn style you have going there, very unique and cool. I'd love to see what you can do with it.

Oh and btw, nice MX510 (same mouse as me).