Site Idea, need opinions/thoughts

Hello,

I have a spare domain "pclearner.com" that has been inactive for mostly, ever... Tonight I just had a semi-crazy idea, after browsing google for related sites. The idea be it, is a website / community, where the un-talented and unknowledge people can signup for a small monthly fee (maybe 5$), and can get a preview (1 hour pass) for the website or a tour. When they signup, they get access to sections full of animiated /taped tutorials, written to help them increase their knowledge.

That was what the site Idea was, now I need constructive criticism, if you have any thoughts / expernices / knowledge for this idea. Please don't hold back. This is a semi big project, needing to be coded in php/mysql, and a team to help with the content.

Thank you for your time

Josh.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

Well, it really all depends on what exactly you'll be "teaching" people. From the sounds of the domain, you'll be teaching them to clean their computers... which is a pretty worthless talent (IMO). So if you want some more "honest" replies to this let us know what sort of knowlage your users will be gaining.

Other then that, i probably wouldn't sign up for it, considering the fact that i have found thousands of free computer related knowlage providers. But that's just my personal opinion, and like i said, i have no idea what i'd be learning.
    Mind the gap.

Its actually "PC Learner", maybe its a little late for your eyes?

They will be gaining tutorials from basic to IT essentials, to possibly even A+ and programming. Still an open thought, have no idea.

Normally people who are new in hosting business are generally looking for assistance like, how to start hosting business? Ways of increasing traffic, guideline for selecting media, to refer a good host provider and so on.

Some part of those query’s most of the companies are providing in their FAQ, but still some of the questions are missing there.

I think by adding some good suggestion in addition to those tutorials will be a good idea.

Originally posted by Oshaka
    Its actually "PC Learner", maybe its a little late for your eyes?

They will be gaining tutorials from basic to IT essentials, to possibly even A+ and programming. Still an open thought, have no idea.
    My first thought, and don't take this negatively, would be that you're asking people who don't know anything about PCs to use one to get on the internet, sign up for an online membership and operate demos. Not exactly the end of the world, but as total bonehead neophyte PC users they're probably going to need some baby steps in-between the part where they hit the chair and the part where they view their first demo. Obviously this would only apply to the untalented and unknowledgable, not the people looking for continuing education and certs (though that's a pretty crowded market really). My $.02.

Originally posted by kevinbim
    My first thought, and don't take this negatively, would be that you're asking people who don't know anything about PCs to use one to get on the internet, sign up for an online membership and operate demos. Not exactly the end of the world, but as total bonehead neophyte PC users they're probably going to need some baby steps in-between the part where they hit the chair and the part where they view their first demo. Obviously this would only apply to the untalented and unknowledgable, not the people looking for continuing education and certs (though that's a pretty crowded market really). My $.02.

Yes I also thought that alot. Guess I gotta get a new game plan or sell the domain.

Thanks.