* Who Stores NS Servers?

Here are some difference between Domainsite.com Godaddy.com

in domainsite.com I am allowed to register name servers like ns1.mydomain.com with ip1 and ns2.mydomain.com with ip2
    Then use ns1 and ns2 as name servers.

In godaddy.com, I can only enter the ns1.myseconddomain.com and ns2.myseconddomain.com with anywhere to ask me to enter IPs, then godaddy told me those two are not up -- yes because nobody knows their IP on the internet.

So I am wonder what is the NS registration that domainsite.com does for us.

is ns1.mydomain.com with ip1 stored in domainsite.com, internic.net? Who is the master DNS whic

With any registrar, when you register new nameservers, you must specify the IP address for each one.

GoDaddy has a specific name server registration screen where you can do this. This is not the same screen where you would register a new domain name.

Once your name servers are registered with the appropriate IPs, and this information has propagated to the internet, then you must make sure your domain registration has the appropriate name servers associated with them, by logging into your GoDaddy (or other registrar) account and checking the domain info.

I've never dealt with domainsite.com, but according to their Knowledge Base, to register a name server/IP you are supposed to call them by phone with the info, so I guess you cannot do it online with their service.

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
    I've never dealt with domainsite.com, but according to their Knowledge Base, to register a name server/IP you are supposed to call them by phone with the info, so I guess you cannot do it online with their service.
    I found where to do in godaddy.com Thanks. with domainsite.com, I am not sure about their faq, but it is doable online.

By the way, do you happen to know who stores the nameserver/ip info? You said "the internet", but where exactly? the root-servers.net system?

The registrar's submit the info to the global tld (gTLD) servers, if you run a dnsreport.com on your domain, it will show you which gTLD server it queried to find your domain's NS servers. This is in the first Section 'Parents', testname 'NS records at parent servers'.