yeah theres a lot of good games on there......i dont think its hard to read but some people might find it hard i guess.....any suggestions on making it better.........and maybe getting more hits because im not gettin many right now since its new
1. The header is a bit tall - the site has so much... I guess I shouldn't say information... it has so much text (games) and is so tall already, you could cut the header size down a bit - there's not much going on with it and as such there's really no need to have a tall header.
2. The red and black is a bit too much. Sure, it's a "demonic" site, but with that much text, people will be straining to read it all or find anything without their eyes bursting first. Sure, not everyone will have this issue, but it's not fun to stare at for more than 30 seconds.
3. Margin. I'm big on margin, and the items in the left and right columns have none - they go right up against the left and right sides.
4. Google ads. If you are going to use them, customize it to match the red/black theme.
5. Labels at the top. You have a label for each column (currently says Features, then Navigation, and then Extras). There's nothing really to navigate in the middle - it's just games. Maybe it should just say "Games" instead of navigation. As it is, I tried to click it to see if it opened some kind of navigation. The real navigation on your site is in the left column anyway.
6. In the content area, you have that red table with pictures representing various games. What are these? You should put a header or label above the table - something like, "Latest Games" or "Most Popular Games" - whatever the table of games represents. They are getting their own images to represent them, so they must be special --- people are going to wonder why.
7. I would move the "plugins" from the right column, over to the left - and from the left column I would move links over to the right. This does 2 things - 1. It balances the columns a little more (still not lined up, but close) and 2. The Links are pretty much "Extra's" anyway - the plugins can make sense on either side, so it's not a big deal to have them on the left. In fact, if you move the plugins over to the left, you could just label is as "Plugins" instead of the "Here are the plugins required for most of the games...." you currently use.
8. I'm not sure what you have going on behind the scenes on the site, but my pop-up blocker blocked some things, and then Norton started goin nutz about various things when I arrived. Something to look into perhaps, I don't know.
With that layout (and only using 2 colors), it is going to be difficult ot find 2 that go together and still portray a dark feel. The colors I would recommend I don't think you would be into (as far as not being demonic enough).
And as for getting hits goes - keep your site up to date - keep adding games - make some changes to the site keeping in mind not just what I said, but what the people coming to your site are going to be dealing with/seeing. If there was an easy answer to "how to get more hits", every site ever made would have plenty of them. You need to work to make your site as good as it can be as far as the content and focus of the site is -- and if it's good, and people want what you are offering, then the hits will come.
No, I'm saying the problem is a combination of the of the two (layout and 2 colors). I don't think simply changing the colors (or even adding some) would help any more than only changing the layout but keeping the 2 colors - I think it's a combination of the two.
If it were my site, I would start over. Do I think you should start over? Sure - if you have the time/energy. If not, then no - just do what you can considering the things above (as well as any other feedback people may add).