Thumbs up Best VPS Provider?

Greetings All;

Earlier today I cross-posted a question on two different forums, instead of re-posting, you can reference the thread here:

webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=419980

Anyway, from the feedback I've received...it looks like the best way to go for me is to go VPS.

I called a few providers and they seem to offer what I want right out of the box.

When I asked if I would have to remote-access/telnet into the machine to perform command line administration in order to set everything up, they laughed (no harm intended I'm sure) and informed me that I can set everything up from the Pure/Pro FTP Software for FTP services, to the software for Mailing Lists and etc., via various types of CPanels/WHMs.

The sad thing is that I didn't know about the benefits of VPS earlier on, oh well.

With this in mind, I started reading the various posts for great VPS providers.

Someone had mentioned "TekTonic" earlier, but after additional research, I found out that someone recently had a horrible experience with them.

So far I'm heavily leaning towards PowerVPS or LiquidWeb.

Any suggestions on a great VPS provider would be truly appreciated.

Also, I've found that with many of the VPS plans, they offer your choice of various Control Panels (CPanel/DirectAdmin/Plesk).

Any idea why one would be better over the other?

You guy's have already helped me out so much...a world of thanks!

J.

Last edited by espinozj; 06-29-2005 at 07:56 PM.

Hi,

I think the PowerVPS is the best of the best.
    And i wil explain why: simple... it have the best and quick support that i see.

Dont forget... your best company its only the company you choise... we dont change your opinion... you need to test 2 or 3 to see the diference.

Cross-posting isn't allowed here BTW... dunno if that qualifies but...

I use Steadfast Networks and they are great.

Edit: Use Cpanel as your control panel. It not only has the most options but is very easy to configure and has alot of features.

The plesk pannel also user friendly . Our website is hosted in webintellects.Here technical supprot is VERY GOOD.I am happy with webintellects support ,
    Thanks
    K.Velmurugan.

Been some wees with kaveyhosting, and they answered all my question and did anything I asked for real fast.

I'd second the vote for PowerVPS. They rock
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Got Bugs?

Originally posted by adb22791
    Edit: Use Cpanel as your control panel. It not only has the most options but is very easy to configure and has alot of features.
    .... and can be potentially be very buggy if not set up correctly.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

I can see PowerVPS and SPRY and Hosteasier not bad.

And recently, Securepaynet is active here as well.
    I Love WHT

Talking The No1. VPS Provider

I am currently signed up with Net Logistics.. with a VPS setup.. i have found them to be very reliable and fast, there support is marvelous.. they currently offer US Based VPS and AU based VPS's are coming very shortly

If anyone is looking for a fast reliable and friendly customer service Net Logistics is it

please post more information
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Talking

Hey Everyone!

Just a quick update from my original post. My company ended up signing up with PowerVPS in the begining of July.

We've been with PowerVPS for about a month now...and there is only one thing I can say;

PowerVPS KICKS ***!

I always have tons of highly detailed questions, so I fire away questions all the time.

They have been the only provider (or company for that matter) who not only keeps up with my questions...but keeps me on the run as well.

I highly recommend PowerVPS.

J.

Yes, they support is best of the best of the best.

When i buy my first VPS and my first root login i dont understend *NOTHING*... now i have a litle "how to" for me to resolve my minimiun problems.

They support is exelent.
    Journalist of Tugaleaks, a Portuguese Wikileaks-inspired media organization.
    Geek with 8+ Years of VPS/Linux/cPanel experience.

Twitter: @ruicruz