Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TouchSupport - sales - terrible

I've been trying to reach TouchSupport Sales to purchase their services for a few servers... I called twice last week with no response. I called again this morning and got no response. I called a last times this morning and decided to speak to Support to have them put me through to sales. They said their sales guy was sleeping and should be awake in 3-4 hours, and they'd pass my information along. It's already the end of the business day and I've still received no response...

Do they not want new business??
    Avi B
      0 Not allowed!

Avi, Thats pretty odd, I was sure they ahd more then one sales guy. Hopefully dave or sean will pop in with some insite on this.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance
      0 Not allowed!

I hope they do pop in - I want to purchase their monitoring service for more than half a dozen servers, but this is definately making me think twice.
    Avi B
      0 Not allowed!

Strange for an outsourcing company :p
      0 Not allowed!

Drop Stuart at Serverpeak (stuart@serverpeak.com) a line Avi. They can look after your needs. Highly recommended.

Gary
      0 Not allowed!

Gary.

Thanks for the recommendation. I've looked at their website and it looks like they are outsourced support - I'm looking for 24/7 server monitoring that will follow instructions if a server or service is down.

Thanks!
    Avi B
      0 Not allowed!

Hi Avi,

Yes, we can work out a 24/7 monitoring plan to suit your needs.

Drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.

Stuart
    Biza•io - Digital Wealth Management
    The Blockchain Wallet - Multi Crypto Wallet
      0 Not allowed!

Avi,
    Patrick did pass along your message today; I have it on my list to call you tomorrow afternoon.

(If you're still interested)

Regards,
    Dave
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Perlboy
    Hi Avi,
    Yes, we can work out a 24/7 monitoring plan to suit your needs.
    Thanks! Your website shows that you provide level1 support and management services, I didn't see remote monitoring services.

It's important to note that we do not only need monitoring, we already have Nagios setup internally, but we need outside monitoring + response actions (ie log into server and fix problem or call datacenter for reboot etc...). and it must be 24x7 - 365 with a guaranteed response time.

Thanks
    Avi B
      0 Not allowed!

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. Even though we have not used Perlboy's service for what you are looking for we have used their service before to fix a couple of server and script issues in the past and the service was professional and quick.

Robert
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, I received no call yesturday (or yesturday afternoon)...

I could get down on my knees and beg for them to add me as a customer, but that's where I draw the line.
    Avi B
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by MaB
    Well, I received no call yesturday (or yesturday afternoon)...

I could get down on my knees and beg for them to add me as a customer, but that's where I draw the line.
    Well might be TS-Dave was waiting for your reply that you are still interested. Hopefully you will get a call from him soon.
    Vision Helpdesk : Customer Support Helpdesk Software
    ThinkSupport Solutions™ - ThinkSupport.com

Thinking of Support Solutions ... Think About US .....!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Well, when he does call, I'm going to ask him for 3 reasons why I should do business with his company after the lack of response. If TouchSupport will put 0 effort into gaining an account, why should I think that they will put any effort into keeping an account??
    Avi B
      0 Not allowed!

Well MaB, I have to give you a high five. This is not what you see often on wht. Most people say OMG THE COMPANY sucks after they dont contact the first day. You are going on 2 weeks now? and your still interested... You sir get a medal
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks! I waited until Wednesday of the following week after I tried to contact them twice, before I posted here. I understand that nothing good in life comes quick, but waiting this long is not enjoyable.

I didn't call this thread "TouchSupport - terrible" because I know that I can't judge their product by this experience, but I can certainly judge their sales...
    Avi B
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ThinkSupport
    Well might be TS-Dave was waiting for your reply that you are still interested. Hopefully you will get a call from him soon.
    This was the case. I agree we don't have the fastest Sales operation in town, it's something we're slowly working to improve and hopefully one day perfect. Right now, however, the vast majority of our energy is focused on improving/perfecting our support process (and the migration to our new office!).

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by thelinuxguy
    Well MaB, I have to give you a high five. This is not what you see often on wht. Most people say OMG THE COMPANY sucks after they dont contact the first day. You are going on 2 weeks now? and your still interested... You sir get a medal
    Shesshhh...2 weeks and he gets a medal? Try someone (me) who used their service, was not happy, mistreated and then canceled. I tried to go back months later and many attempts were ignored. Even a thread where they posted their sales special, my reply was completely ignored.

Good luck MaB.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by thelinuxguy
    MaB, I really admire your patience. All the Best !

Hopefully when TouchSupport team has sorted out with their office move, they will get back to you
    Vision Helpdesk : Customer Support Helpdesk Software
    ThinkSupport Solutions™ - ThinkSupport.com

Thinking of Support Solutions ... Think About US .....!!!
      0 Not allowed!

Outsourced - Good but Bad.

Good Day,

I understand your furstration as I was have been looking at possible Tech Support and Server Admin companies over the Since late Tuesday night and have emailed several of them with comments, questions and what I feel are normal pre-sale questions.

I understand that like any field of business it is made of up bad, average and good companies, but so far I have only managed to narrow down the search of bad companies. So far I have contacted 4 companies and have yet to recieve a single reply and it is now Saturday morning.

This is actually a good thing, since it also acts like a measuring stick of the level of service that will be provided. As someone mentioned earlier in the thread if this is the level of energy a company will spend on gaining revnue, how much energy will they spend to maintain it once they got it.

When evulating any internet service I do the following:

(a) Look at the website design - does it look professional or just something that was thrown together.

(b) Send my questions in a series of differnt emails as this shows if they are willing to start a email converstation with me then they are more than likely interested in trying to earn my business.

(c) For Tech Support - I look at general spelling and grammar as this is most likely what your customers will recieve. If you have a hard time understanding what they mean than so will your customers.

As a last note to TS if you know that a person is interested in your service I would have not posted in this furom that I have recieved you message and plan on calling tomorrow. If you had the time to post the comment you should have the time to actually pick up the phone and call the potential customer.

I hope you find this information useful and the best of luck in your search.
      0 Not allowed!

Right, actually in totality the outsourcing company should be like your partner in your company, its matter of distant relationship and making the relation more strong.

By ensuring all about their capability and reliability only one can go ahead for their support. It’s most important to ensure whether they are dependable, competent and worthy to take the responsibility.

I think after going through lot of reviews and by performing the actual “Test drive" you are going to be able to make a correct decision.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Outsourced - Good but Bad.

Originally posted by Kafen

As a last note to TS if you know that a person is interested in your service I would have not posted in this furom that I have recieved you message and plan on calling tomorrow. If you had the time to post the comment you should have the time to actually pick up the phone and call the potential customer.

I hope you find this information useful and the best of luck in your search.
    It was nearly midnight here when I responded to this thread.
      0 Not allowed!

Valid Point

Good Day,

To TS-Dave, your last comment is a valid point and when I was writing my comments it did not even enter my mind about time zones. For this I do apologize to you, and your company, for the comment that I made and I will be more careful of such comments in the future.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, they take a long long time to reply...
    Josh Lieber

iTechPath | Fully managed servers with 24/7/365 support.
    PHP 5, MySQL 5, RHEL, cPanel & rvskins, and much more...
      0 Not allowed!

A slow sales process usually means that the company in question either doesn't want or doesn't need your business. Don't take it personally, just move on and find someone else who does want your business. We annoy people all the time who think we don't respond quickly enough to hosting or development requests. Well you know what? I was too busy at the time, either taking care of existing customers, or going through the sales cycle with more important prospects.

If a company takes your business and fails to deliver, that's one thing. If a company is slow to respond to sales inquiries, perhaps it's because their priority is taking care of their existing obligations, not trying to create new ones

Brandon
      0 Not allowed!

I have used them before and they are definitely not slow on the support side. They are always quick to respond to your customers and they do a good job with the responses.

The customer support and sales to the actual hosting company itself though leaves a lot to be desired.
    Mike Johnson - thehostinglist.com
    Reviews of the world's top web hosting providers
    Check our reviews at thehostinglist.com before you buy your web hosting package!
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast