Wildwest is dropping the revenue share.

Interesting news for WildWest resellers (and really everyone).
    The are dropping the revenue share idea but they are actually raising the buy rates.
    It was $6.75 and they are raising it to $7.00.
    But in the end I guess it is 3 cents cheaper since you do not have to give out the 25% anymore. But they do not allow you to sell any lower than the $7.85 yet.

NO Revenue Sharing, FREE Extras, the BEST Buy Rates and MUCH MORE!

It's time for a change. A big change! It's time to maximize your profits, so we're eliminating revenue sharing for all Wild West Resellers! That's right; say good-bye to revenue sharing and say hello to the best Buy Rates available! See your new buy rates! link

And it doesn't cost you a dime more! Your renewal price will never be more than you originally paid -- guaranteed -- and you'll get all the tools necessary to build your business -- worth over $300 -- absolutely FREE! Every reseller plan now includes:

+ FREE Traffic Blazer(R) -- Easily prepare, analyze, optimize and submit your Web pages to Google(R), Yahoo!(R), MSN(R) and other key search engines and directories.

+ FREE Express Email Marketing(TM) -- Keep in contact with your customers the spam-free and legal way. We provide the templates and help you generate the mailing lists.

+ FREE SSL Secure Certificate -- You've got a secure shopping cart. Now protect your own Web site or home page. Show customers that any transaction with you is 256-bit encrypted and secure!

+ FREE Online File Folder -- When you need on-the-go access to any file, Online File Folder gives you access to all your important files and even lets you synchronize files on your computer.

+ FREE Deluxe Email Account -- Fast, ultra-reliable and secure. Your Deluxe account includes 5 email addresses and 1,000MB total storage.

+ FREE Google AdWords(TM) Credit -- Increase your site traffic with Google AdWords credit. Your ads could appear alongside/above search results on and could also appear on sites in the Google Network.

+ FREE Reseller Handbook -- The Handbook is full of practical tips and advice on how to promote your reseller site.

Of course, you still get your FREE Reseller Web site, FREE online profit and activity reporting, FREE marketing promotions, and of course, FREE 24/7 support. And you still pay your current reseller price of just $99/year! You read plan, same low price!
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 06-29-2005 at 11:23 PM.

The OC
    Thanks Tiggee for that update... I always thought that 25% revenue sharing was a bit excessive. I just wish that GD/WWD would give their resellers more of a direct link with their customers in order to cross-sell them other services. It is my understanding that WWD resellers can't even get a list of their own customers. Is that true?
    You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

Man... I wished I edited that email a little bit.
    Can a moderator please edit the *'s so that the screen is not soo long....

4solutions, no that is wrong. You can get a list of all of your customers and I guess now they are giving tools to where you can email all of them also.

The OC
    Thanks again for the info, Tiggee, I learn something new everyday.

You may delay, but time will not. --- Benjamin Franklin

The reason for this is that ICANN has increased the price for all ICANN members by 0.25cents and they are passing this on to the end user. Some domain companies are taking in the costs but others will push up their prices. Tucows has done the same.

si2040... I'm not sure if you read the post or not maybe read it incorrectly.

But this has nothing to do with the ICANN fees (which has already been talked to death on this forum).

WildWest is actually lowering their prices and they are changing their pricing model entirely.