Everybody Hates Chris

I've always been a (moderate) fan of Chris Rock. At times he bores me, and other times he cracks me up (eg., his standup routine "I take care o' my kids..." ).

He's got a new sitcom coming out this fall. But he does not appear in it - it's a show based on his childhood. (My guess is that the show's name "Everybody Hates Chris" is a mildly clever reversal of "Everybody Loves Raymond").

When watching a trailer, I cringe a bit. My first impression is "Don't do it, Chris!!!" Doesn't look too good, IMHO. Almost seems like he's trying to morph part of his standup act into a sitcom. I don't really think it works. Mainly because he's not in it. It's a kid playing him as a young teen.

I hope I'm wrong, though. Would hate to see this cheapen his prescence as a comedian.

You can see a 7 minute trailer at http://www.upn.com/shows/everybody_hates_chris/ .

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I like Chris Rock... have always been very amused by his show. Having seen the trailer, I would happen to agree with you... not sure this is going to fly.

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

I don't like him but often trailers can be misleading and it can take a few shows to warm up.

Real Player is required to view this video.
    I guess I won't be watching it.

I recall watching or reading something about it though, I thought it looked decent. It wouldn't be anything compared to Raymond though.

I don't think it will last long though, as I presume the target audience would be adults. Most adults don't like to watch shows that don't feature adults.
    Haven't been on WHT for 6 years!

If that was made into a movie or something then I think it would work. I cant wait to see it it still though.

I like chris rock, but it seems like whenever he gets involved in network tv, it turns out bad.

Ugh. I hate the title of this show....(for obvious reasons)

his standup's are great, but his movies do need some work with the exception of "the longest yard"

Yes he is good lool

Good comedian, horrible actor. He has one character that he plays in every show/movie he does. That's not acting, that's portraying himself, over and over again which can get to be annoying after a while.
    DBLHost.com
    US Based Shared Web Hosting • cPanel+Softaculous • Email Hosting • Domain Names
    https://www.dblhost.com

I keep watching his HBO specials whenever it's on... not really 'sit down and watch the entire show' watching, but just even parts of it make me laugh.

"Make bullets cost $5000!"

Originally posted by alpha
    That's hilarious.

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Originally posted by alpha

That's a great sketch. Was it on Bowling for Columbine?

Everybody talks about how we need more gun control. But what we need is bullet control. Every bullet should cost 5000 dollars. You just say, I'm gonna shoot you, when I can afford it. I'm gonna save some money, get a second job, and then POW! You better hope I can't get some bullets on layaway!"

Haha, reminds me of Elaine on Seinfeld in the episode about whether she considered some people "sponge worthy". At $5000 a pop, criminals would have to decide if you're bullet worthy.

Vito

Haha, well no I think im going to go pop in some of my Chris Rock DVD's.

I will end up watching the show. Looks hilarious..although I find humour in a lot of things.

It looks great to me and i hope it comes to the UK ..