Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Registering business in US?

Hi,

Anybody can give an insight on how to register a business in US? Outside US people can do this? My friend saying outsiders without greencard can't register outside US businesses in US. I am saying they can do it.

Which one is correct? How to register if yes?

(is this correct forum to ask this?)

Non Us persons can form US companies or LLCs.
    Offshore incorporation and bank accounts
    @offshoreoffer - offshore services, tax optimization info

Can you please elaborate a little?

I think you've to obtain first the E Treaty Trader's, E visas, there after you might be able to register with LLC, however I am not quite sure, you should visit the workpermit sites of US.

radhika,

Depends what your aiming at. You can get yourself a Delaware company. I saw them for 400$ on the internet.

Originally posted by FashionPoint
    radhika,

Depends what your aiming at. You can get yourself a Delaware company. I saw them for 400$ on the internet.

http://www.thedelawarecompany.com/
    This site. right?

I am gonna get info on that. Thank you

I think you've to obtain first the E Treaty Trader's, E visas, there after you might be able to register with LLC, however I am not quite sure, you should visit the workpermit sites of US.
    Thank for the info. I will search on these words too. thanks

radhika,

You've got it! You might as well take a look at http://www.offshore-manual.com/ -> TAX HAVENS -> Delaware. Some info is out of date, but you'll get the idea. Actually there are a lot of sites like this on the net, which explain pluses and minuses of any particular jurisdiction / company type.

Shure you can.
    In Delaware you can have a registered business, and if you do not have office or staff there you dont pay taxes to delaware.

Hovever, you are obligated to have an agent with opening hours weekdays/business hours, to take care of communication for you.

More info:
    www.delawareintercorp.com

oh, you probably also need to register as a foreign corporation in your local jurisdiction.

its called an international corperation
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Both same? Because costs are different.

Originally posted by radhika

Both same? Because costs are different.
    No, I think its 2 different agents.

I would recommend Valis for incorporation, cheap and they do a good job, and of course anyone can register a company , if you are above 18 years, can provide minor paperwork (natinal id card and utility bill) you can open a company, either Corporation or LLC

Well i would recommend you to buy an already registered company ! They cost something like 3.5k+ but also have a Bank Account + Merchant Account.

Quote Originally Posted by muji
    Well i would recommend you to buy an already registered company ! They cost something like 3.5k+ but also have a Bank Account + Merchant Account.

Is there a good website where I can research the company want to be sold and its number of years in business? I looked at the BizBuyandSell but every company was around 100k$ in software category.

It seems Valis are partners of thedelawarecompany?

I received a response from thedelawarecompany, everything seems OK to me. I'd like to talk to them in person to clear few more detais, then I guess I'll go with thedelawarecompany.

Thank you for all the info to all of you

That I know off Valis has nothing todo with thedelawarecompany. To my knownledge they take care of the paperwork all by them selfs but I may be wrong

VALIS has no business dealings with The Delaware Company, though we do know them and have dealt with them concerning bank accounts when VALIS Savings was alive and well. The Delaware Company is a good company with good people from my experience.

You can see a fee/service matrix comparison at
    http://www2.valisinternational.com/?pg=inc
    if you're interested in seeing a few different Delaware incorporators services and fees.
    David Gendron, dgendron@valisinternational.com
    VALIS International, http://www2.valisinternational.com
    US Business Presence Setup for the World

What about merchant accounts?
    What if we incorporate a company through Valis, will we be able to apply for an authorize.net merchant account?

What about merchant accounts? What if we incorporate a company through Valis, will we be able to apply for an authorize.net merchant account?
    Yes. You will.

1) Incorporate
    2) Get an EIN
    3) Get a Mailling Address (Not PO Box)

You will be able to apply for an authorize.net account & for a business bank account (in a number of banks, including the major new ones).

And what are the chances to get approved for the merchant account using incorporated company?

I think probability to get the merchant is low or maybe I am wrong?
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Chances are very high.

If you get incorporated, us mailing address & ein chances are very high you can get a merchant account.

And is the company required to have some balance in the bank account?

And is the company required to have some balance in the bank account?
    No. It has nothing to do with it. You don't have to have any money on the bank, when Russ from merchantaccounts4less opens accounts for us (we work with merchantaccounts4less maily) for opening accounts and the bank accounts where we send the money are usually new accounts with balance<=$100

Paulo Thanks

Any time

I opened my company using Valis & Russ from Merchant Account 4 Less helped with our credit card processing (we use authorize.net + csi) and we forward all our customers to them.

I can recommend both companies, one for opening the corporation and other for the credit card processing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast