Redmond, WA

Customer Contact Strategy

I am in the process of designing a customer contact strategy for eMegaWeb, my hosting company. This strategy will include the span of the customer life cycle, from new user awareness and acquisition to adoption and usage. I need to determine the appropriate frequency, vehicle, and timing for communications. Have any hosts done any research with customers to get an idea of what the optimal number of touches is? Can someone share best practices?

Would it make sense to customize email messages based on the usage of a hosting account? For example, if a customer signs up for hosting but does not use it, we might want to send an email to keep them engaged with the service. Alternatively, if another customer is actively using the hosting account, we might want to follow up with a phone call and thank them for their loyalty.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by KevlerS; 06-29-2005 at 03:15 PM. - Everything you need to build your web site

You can also include in those email which you're sending to people who have a website, a closing question like, “If you find my site worthy, would you include a link to it on yours? If you have any suggestions on improving it we would be very much interested in hearing what you have to say.”